Author Topic: Getting a second opinion  (Read 5414 times)

Dani

Getting a second opinion
« on: January 09, 2007, 09:37:13 am »
Hi,

I have received a CD of my MRI and also a report.  I have heard that we can send this information in to the ANA for a second opinion.  I have no idea how to go about that.  Could someone please tell me the steps I need to take to get that done.

Thank you so much,
Dani
Oakridge, Oregon
65 year old female
1.27cm, Diagnosed September 2006
Deaf in right ear, some tinnitus, numbness on my face close to my ear Currently "Wait & Watch", per doctors advise
If & When I need to have something done I've pretty much decided on GK.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: Getting a second opinion
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 09:42:02 am »

I dont think the ANA will do that .. but there serveral places like "House" that will do free MRI checks ..

http://www.houseearclinic.com/losangeles.htm

4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 09:52:01 am »
Hi Dani,

JoeF is right... also, if radio-treatment options are of your thought process, please know that Dr. Medbery, who volunteers time and enery on the Cyberknife Patient Support Board (http://www.cyberknifesupport.org/forum/) has offered numerous times to take a peek at MRI's.  He performs GK and CK and is very well versed and may be of great assistance as well.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 06:56:44 pm »
Many places will give you a consult if you contact them ahead of time and tell them you are sending your info.  House being one, Shands in Gainesville, Moffitt in Tampa, Univ. of Miami,  not to mention several ck/gk facilities.  I talked to all of them but due to my time frame didn't have that option.  I'd have loved to hear what House had to say prior to my surgery.  ;D

IAHeel

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 06:53:50 pm »
Ditto on House. Friedman is superb.

Fred

Dani

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 08:03:10 pm »
Thanks so much to all of you that have helped with a place to get a second opinion.  I especially like the Cyberknife Patient Support Group Forum.  I will think about getting ahold of house also.

Thanks Again,
Dani
Oakridge, Oregon
65 year old female
1.27cm, Diagnosed September 2006
Deaf in right ear, some tinnitus, numbness on my face close to my ear Currently "Wait & Watch", per doctors advise
If & When I need to have something done I've pretty much decided on GK.