Author Topic: Is Gamma knife too good to be true?  (Read 17888 times)

Derek

Re: Is Gamma knife to good to be true?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 01:27:40 pm »
Hi Derek,

Will bring it to work and scan into .pdf file (make sure you have Adobe Reader/Acrobat to access). I can then email to you on your internet email if you PM me here with your email address..... that work?

Phyl

Hi Derek,

Well, I can scan the article and try to post somewhere..... let me see what I can do. It was a terrific article.  Will advise.

Phyl

Hi Phyl...

I emailed the ANA website admin a few days ago requesting info re becoming a subscribed member in order to access the relevant newsletter that you referred to concerning the pros and cons of the various radiosurgery treatment options but so far I have not had a response.

I would llike to read the article and wondered if you had been able to asccertain a method of non-subscribing members being able to access the item?

Regards

Derek

Hi Phyl...

I never received the e-mailed article...just wondered if there had been a 'glitch' in the system?

Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Is Gamma knife too good to be true?
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 01:48:19 pm »
sorry about that Derek. I was side-tracked with other issues... me bad :(

I have the article scanned here and just need an internet email for you to send it... sorry for the delay.

*slaps self across face*

Kewl, didn't feel that on my numb side! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Derek

Re: Is Gamma knife too good to be true?
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 03:24:54 pm »
Received it and digested it....thanks Phyl.

A very informative article and 'easy read' assessing the various radiosurgery treatments. It also clearly outlined the technological advances that are constantly evolving since the original GK treatment some 36 years ago. One wonders what the next innovation will be..and when?
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.