Author Topic: Fosamax pills  (Read 8397 times)

Dani

Re: Fosamax pills
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 12:01:00 pm »
I had the same thing happen.  I had no hearing problems or any of the other things I've had with this AN........I found out I had Osteo really bad and so started taking Fosamax at first (liquid) because I couldn't swallow the pills.  After that is when I start having my first symptoms..... and since I hated the liquid fosamax I started taking Actonel, because they had a small pill......who knows.  It's kind of like your damned if you do and damned if you don't.  I know that these bone medications do help your bones although if they cause tumors or jaw death.........I guess you can pick your evil.  Which would you rather have broken bones or tumors.

As for me I don't know if there is any way to know at this point about the bone medications........but I'm going to do a lot more research on them.  I still don't feel comfortable with taking another actonel, which I need to do tomorrrow morning  :-\. My doctor just laughs at anything that I find out on the internet.  She's  big on Pills.  Of course this is the doctor that told me I had fluild around my ear drum and it was a AN  ::)  Needless to say I really don't want to go back to her and ask any important questions.

If any of you find out anything else please let me know.  By the way I haven't noticed a spell check on here.......is there one?  So anywho if there are spelling errors, just ignore them.

Thanks Bunches,
Dani
Oakridge, Oregon
65 year old female
1.27cm, Diagnosed September 2006
Deaf in right ear, some tinnitus, numbness on my face close to my ear Currently "Wait & Watch", per doctors advise
If & When I need to have something done I've pretty much decided on GK.

okiesandy

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 01:00:46 pm »
Boniva here, Must have had the AN before the Boniva. Only on boniva 2 1/2 yars AN dix 2 years ago. I quit Boniva a couple of months ago. Started having jaw pain. PCP scoffs. Dentist says he is seeing moore jaw problems and loose teeth the last couple of years.

I have been seeing a Naturalpathic (sic) Doctor. She has me on liquid calcium pm, magnisum in AM and Osti  eovone, 2000 mg Vit D and Boron. I have been on heavy prednisone off and on for two years because of autoimmune thing. I was having severe hip pain. I had bone scan and have osteopenia. Will have another when I have been off Boniva  a year and on more natural things.

I contacted a lady here that gave up Fosamax after 4 years of trying to stop bone mass loss. (Didn't Stop It) went on natural meds and has regained 5% of her bone mass back. Her doctor still scoffs. If any are interested there is web site from this doctor of natural med. I think you will have to search old new letters to find out about this bone loss. Starrwalker.com.

The natural doctor on here has worked some wonders in my office. Onle lady has lupus and could not walk, lost all of her hair and her doctor gave up on her. After 6 months she is walking, hair growing and back to work as ER nurse 12 hours a day 4 days a week. Of course her doctor says it was because of the meds. She says couldn't be she got rid of them. She says she is not perfect yet, just better than she has been in 20 years. I have never had a lot of faith in natural meds. now the tables have turned and I don't have a lot of faith in the doctors. If you don't believe me ask for all your doctor notes and start reading. Everyone of mine has a big mistake in them.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

Cheryl R

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 01:16:05 pm »
 I am a nurse and was not aware at all of the connection to Fosamax and jaw tumors.   However I work in a small rural hospital in an area with an high elderly population and see frequently the problems osteoporous cause from compression and hip fractures.       I would say take the meds if at all possible.                                   Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Boppie

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 03:12:21 pm »