Author Topic: 6 Month MRI Rpt  (Read 4073 times)

Dealy

6 Month MRI Rpt
« on: December 28, 2006, 07:36:42 pm »
Well today I got my 6 month MRI Reprt>This is the preliminary one from where I had my MRI-not from where I had my radiation-they have yet had the opportunity to respond-especially for being the holidays. The prelim reprt indicates a small degree since last MRI 0n 9/28/06 which was my 3 month one-a decreased enhancement and stable AN. In regards too the rest they indicated the density of my mastoid air cells has increased. I have no idea what that means. Also this was the shocker out of the Blue. Radiologist that read my MRI stated that he noted a lesion on the left from my previous AN surgery 18 years ago. He even gives a size. Then he turns right aroud an states-in enhanced studies I could not see a significant focal enhancing area that would be particulary suggestive of tumor recurrence. They never saw this 3 months ago and now he does? I am going what. He stated orginially that this lesion was 1.8 x 1.2CM. So we call my ENT and he says not to worry-your tumor did not come back on the left. This is the same guy who told me I do not have one on the right-which of course I did. So I am hoping to get some accurate feeback from Johns Hopkins. How could another AN with those dimensiosn pop out of nowhere. Anyway that's all for now. Ron P.S. Do not know if I should be elated or not yet.

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
Re: 6 Month MRI Rpt
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 07:40:57 pm »
Scar tissue maybe from your previous surgery site?   I would keep on the doc until you are satisfied with his answer.   If not...get another opinion.

GM
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!