Author Topic: Please read someone  (Read 5304 times)

kj2lb

Please read someone
« on: December 20, 2006, 10:07:25 pm »
Almost 2 years ago now one day getting home from work, i had a wierd feelin in my ear all of a sudden and it was like water or somthing, that feelin. At that point i became extremely dizzy and lost almost all the hearin in my right ear. i was in this shap for over 3 weeks and when i went to the ER they just gave me some pills for dizzyness and that was it. Since then i have been deaf in that ear and have a lot of pressure in that ear and area. i ride bulls professionaly and have often blamed it on that but now i am worried it could be somthin more. It kinda scares me right now and i am not sure what to do. Could this be a tumor? i am only 23 years old. lately when i sit up and what not i get this dizzy feeling and i think the ear problem is causing it. i feel really lazy and am not as energetis as i once was and do not have the balance i always had. i am afraid this will end my rodeo career. can someone help me out and give me some direction here. i found this page at random and took me forever to figure out how to post this. please email me at kj2lb@yahoo.com or if you have a myspace mine is www.myspace.com/kl2lb Some one please help me out here. I have no insurance i am not sure how to see a doctor about this. What do i do. i am really concerned right now about this.

Thanks,
Kevin White

Palace

• Palace
Re: Please read someone
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 10:30:50 pm »
 :-\

I don't think this is a spam or "off the wall" post.  If you are for real which it sounds like you are.......where do you reside?  How does insurance work, where you are and if you have none, what do people do.  You can't afford to wait much longer.  You need an MRI with contrast.  <to be done ASAP if you have to pay for that yourself>  You need a proper diagnosis and soon.

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Boppie

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 10:35:34 pm »
Hi, I am sorry this has happened to you.
You can start with an ENT doctor (specializes in Ears, Nose, and Throat).  This doctor will evaluate your dizziness and ear problem.  Since you don't have insurance you'll need a referral from a public health clinic or ER doctors to help you.  A person can have dizziness for many different reasons.  You should have this problem looked at for your own safety.

Write back or search our archives for more information.  Good luck.

kj2lb

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 06:47:49 pm »
Thanks everyone for the input. Atleast i know kinda what i need to do now. You folks on this page are a gift. thanks a million.

Obita

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 08:05:14 pm »
Hi Kevin:

Check out the Northfield Hospital.  They have and MRI machine and three Ear, Nose and Throat Physicians (Otolarnygologists).
http://www.northfieldhospital.org/medical/specialties/otolaryngology.htm

You could always go to the ER there too.

Good luck, Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines