Author Topic: Live webcast of GK for an AN  (Read 4451 times)

Dani

Live webcast of GK for an AN
« on: December 20, 2006, 09:16:38 am »
Hi,

For any of you that are trying to decide on the Gamma Knife procedure I just heard about this yesterday.  Saint Joseph's Hospital is giving a live webcast of the GK procedure.  This is what their article says: 

Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Treatment for an Acoustic Neuroma
January 17, 2007
at 4:00 PM CST (22:00 UTC)
From Saint Joseph's Hospital and Marshfield Clinic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gamma Knife radiosurgery for an acoustic neuroma will be featured on the sixth webcast sponsored by Saint Joseph's Hospital and Marshfield Clinic. It is set for 4-5 p.m. CST Wednesday, January 17th.

During the webcast, Marshfield Clinic physicians on staff at Saint Joseph's Hospital will discuss the sophisticated treatment option for acoustic neuroma. The program will feature a pre-taped Gamma Knife procedure and real-time panel discussion and analysis.

To see a preview go to http://www.or-live.com/StJoseph/1599/

I'm a little scared to watch it....yet I would really like to know exactly what they do.  I'm trying to decide between the GK and CK procedures.

Dani

Oakridge, Oregon
65 year old female
1.27cm, Diagnosed September 2006
Deaf in right ear, some tinnitus, numbness on my face close to my ear Currently "Wait & Watch", per doctors advise
If & When I need to have something done I've pretty much decided on GK.

Derek

Re: Live webcast of GK for an AN
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 10:13:23 am »
The webcast is 10.00pm GMT..re UK members.

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
Re: Live webcast of GK for an AN
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:32:46 pm »
Dani: thanks for the info! Awesome Reasearch- take care!
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys