Author Topic: JUST NEED TO VENT  (Read 19780 times)

redgrl

Re: JUST NEED TO VENT
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2006, 02:45:57 pm »
I have had the same thing. I am only 3 months out but i get very overwhelmed with sadness. It always passes though! It's the holidays to. That adds extra stress.  :)
4 cm left side AN. Translab Sept 20th 06 at virginia mason w/Dr. Backous & Dr. Nussbaum. Second surgery Oct 15th 06 to repair CFS leak.

kerri lyn angel

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2006, 08:59:51 pm »
yeh i do that all the time. i get so overwhelmingly sad that i cant even function. i dont think its stictly hormones. i had some hormone havoc prior to my surgery bcause of menopause, but nothing like now, a year and a half after th fact. i think that tiptoeing through someones cranium affects the individual in more ways than is known. heck not much is known at all about brains and this an thing is no different.all i can say is when i get so blue and am crying my one good eye out i just try to cope by diverting my attention to something else until it passes. i also used to take antidepressants but they stopped helping so i dont anymore. i dont know i was never a depressed person until post surgery and i dont think depression is what it is now either. its a different sad. maybe we should give it a name.
large an removed june 1, 2005 14.5 hour trans lab surgery permenantly disabled but breathing

WHWT

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2006, 03:32:37 pm »
Regarding earplugs..................
Attended Christmas Eve Mass (another Italian here) the other night.  Some of those high notes were a bit too screechy for me, so I stuck in an ear plug that I had bought in a sporting goods store for hunters.  (So glad I inserted the earplug from my right pocket and not the dog biscuit from the other pocket.)   It filtered out the screeching but allowed me to hear the music and softer voices. 

Sometimes I wear an earplug in noisey restaurants, too.  And, as I've mentioned before, in restaurants we request a corner table or one against a wall.  Then I position myself with my back to the wall (like an outlaw) so the noise isn't coming from behind me (and I won't get shot by a rival outlaw).

Looking normal is an issue.......when you do not feel normal.  My husband, who has been a great support to me, admits he forgets sometimes because "you look so normal"
No one really knows how any one else feels at any given time.

My kids (23, 19 and 15) recently revealed their true fears about my surgery, which was in August 2005.
"Mom, they drilled into your head!  That's pretty bad," my youngest said.  And all along I thought they thought I was loafing!

As for the emotional aspect of it.....................cry if you feel like it.  But laugh, too.  I do quite a bit of both.
If people don't like it, hey, I had a brain tumor. 
Retrosigmoid suboccipital surgery for 1.3 cm AN in 2005.