Author Topic: SMALL AN'S---Symptoms  (Read 16286 times)

kat

Re: SMALL AN'S---Symptoms
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 05:20:24 am »
Hi Karen

Goodness gracious ! what size is your iron ? I hope that you are feeling better now. Years ago my sister in law was ironing and went  to pick up something from the floor and managed to knock the board and have the iron land on her back ! She was not wearing much at the time and ended up with a burn in the shape on an iron on her back . Luckily it healed ok but caused more than a few chuckles in the ER where she ended up at first. I hope that your dizzines disappears soon if not it would be a good idea to get checked out just to figure out if it is the iron dropping on your head or your AN that is causing it.

Best regards Kat 
2.2 cm AN diagnosed July 2004 . GK at  the Royal Hallamshire
Sheffield UK in April 2005 2nd MRI in December 06 showed signs of the AN shrinking and MRI in FEB 08 showed no change . SO FAR SO GOOD .

kjmema

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 09:14:30 am »
Much better today from the iron experience.  If my AN ever caused that kind of problem I'd be on a flight to House.  At least the iron wasn't on.....
left side AN 3mm IAC watch & wait hearing 100% balance slightly off

palms0@hotmail.com

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 02:47:08 pm »
My husbands anwas 8mm had retro sigmoid surgery on 7-20-06 has facail palsy which seems to be getting better, severe headaches 24 hours a day 7 days a week since surgery, and post op still has a 5mm enhancing area on mri, we were told the tumor was removed so they don't know what this is . Is it still tumor or dead remnant WHAT IS THIS? nOW WE WONDER WHY DID WE EVER DO THIS!!! If its small i would just monitor maybe it will stay the same. if they tell us the enhancement is still tumor i don't know what we'll do since my husband still has not recoverd from this surgey. our best advice it to wait and watch, wish we knew about this site prior to surgery, we are very unhappy this surgery really did change our lives
mary ellen
9mm retro sigmoid drs. evans and willcox jefferson hosp phila
facial palsy, external eye weight, headaches 24-7, incisional pain 24-7, balance issues
i was a 46 yo happy active man, now this surgery has ruined my life
I WANT MY LIFE BACK!
ps still have 4mm enhancing area :(

kjmema

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 06:42:14 pm »
Hi Palms,
sounds like all is not well for your hubby.  For those of us gathering informaiton where did he have surgery and who was the surgeon.  That's an important piece of information...I hope your husband will make some progress and not be faced with more surgery....Hang in there...Karen
left side AN 3mm IAC watch & wait hearing 100% balance slightly off

palms0@hotmail.com

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 05:55:00 pm »
hi all we went to the dr's today the ophthalmologist put in a smart plug, a punctal plug that "melts" into your tear duct and stays there, until you hopefully don't need it anymore then it can just be flushed out, they have better luck with these than the regular plugs which tend to fall out for some people. then from  that dr we went to the plastic surgeon who is also an ophthalmologist about the weight he felt we should try a heavier weight 1.4 grams since my husbands face has come back somewhat in the past 5 mos, but on the same hand he said it's no big deal to put in a gold weight also. 1% chance of lid droop, infection etc. after all the side effects of the surgey we opted to keep the external weight and ordered a heavier one. we'll keep you posted on his progress.
we are also going to the neurosurgeon on wed for him to look at the incision per the plastic surgeons request, he felt maybe he is pushing out sutures but at 5 mos it's kinda unusual but then again everything seems to be "unusual" in our case. then we go to the headache clinic at jefferson again to see what they have to say. the 3 elavil seem to be keeping the ha's at a 4-5 down from a 8-9 on the pain scale. the indocin made him extremely tired.
i'm so lucky i work for understanding dr's i feel that is all we do is go to dr's now! we just want our lives back.
keeping all of the an'ers in our prayers.
mary ellen and don
ps bruce you are so right do not take these life changing side effects lightly, we went from happy healthy world travlers to unhappy,chronic patients.
wishing all a healthy new year
9mm retro sigmoid drs. evans and willcox jefferson hosp phila
facial palsy, external eye weight, headaches 24-7, incisional pain 24-7, balance issues
i was a 46 yo happy active man, now this surgery has ruined my life
I WANT MY LIFE BACK!
ps still have 4mm enhancing area :(

tcrnko

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 07:10:39 pm »
Thanks Brucifier for the words.

If it weren't for the problems that I am having already with things like balence, memory, and dyslexic typing, I might be a little more willing to wait.  I think you are right in that we all need to be very informed about what is happening to us and what our options are. In one of my first posts I made a statement about not taking the openeing of any head, but especially mie, too lightly.  But at this point I am sure that I want the thing gone.  My symptoms have unfortunately been getting worse, slowly, but still worse.  I need resolution and am ready to deal with the sequale of surgery.  I just pray that some higher power guides the hands of the surgeon in my head.  I need to have faith in that..... :-X
"Used to be a Neuro Nurse, Believe it or not."
1.8 x 1.6 x 1.7 AN Left Side
TransLab on 1/10/07.
Drs Mastrodonas & Cueva, Kaiser San Diego