Author Topic: AN holiday Gift wish list (our last bit of AN humor before 12/15)  (Read 16988 times)

Derek

Re: AN holiday Gift wish list (our last bit of AN humor before 12/15)
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2006, 04:46:15 am »
Dear Santa...

A 40 years extension of my 'wait and watch' pass please!

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 02:29:57 pm »
Derek,

I spoke to the "woman" upstairs.. and she's got that wish gift noted! :)

Happy Holidays!
Phyl

Dear Santa...

Derek
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

marystro

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2006, 02:37:32 pm »
Dear Santa: I want to return to my pre-AN diagnosis exercise level with the energy and motivation like before!

Since this is supposed to be humorous (almost forgotten) - And fly high like supergirl, stretch like Mrs. Incredible and figure like Wonder Woman (Wow - flying and stretching are probably easier; the last one is definitely a "stretch"!)  ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 08:22:21 pm by marystro »
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

Derek

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2006, 04:45:39 pm »
Derek,

Happy Holidays!
Phyl

Dear Santa...

Derek

Good on ya Phyl...hope you and Iain have a great Christmas too!

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2006, 09:22:12 pm »
You got it Derek, and SO sorry I won't be able to meet you next week... if you happen by Leeds, please say hello to my family for me (yes, some still based there and in Sheffield).

Phyl

Derek,

Happy Holidays!
Phyl

Dear Santa...

Derek

Good on ya Phyl...hope you and Iain have a great Christmas too!

Derek
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2006, 09:45:49 pm »
Tim Tams are ALL LAZ's FAULT!!  Yep he gets all the blame! 
They are these wonderous aussie choccie cookie thingy that are to die for  LOL 
Unf. the bad wenches like myself eat them when i'm really blue and the local world market has some in stock  LOL

They have chocolate cookie with chocolate
and carmal and chocolate...both are divine..no make that DIVINE 
and unf. come with calories  LOL

So now everyone knows the secret.... :-*Merry Christmas!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2006, 02:17:51 am »
Lorenzo, if you can get to a World Market, Tim Tams are called Arnott's and they have a parrot for a logo.  They are sort of like chocolate covered graham crackers...sort of.  They are from Australia. 

I wish for :  1. Winning a major lottery and then we'd all do something fun - my treat, like       throw the biggest Pirate party ever.

2.Being on the Oprah show when she has all the AN'ers in the audience and then she decides to do her "Favorite Things" show for all of us.

3. That the tinnitus would just go away so that I could enjoy silence once more.

4. That a cure for AN is discovered that only requires an injection of our miracle cure and then the AN just disolves away without any risk or side effects.

5. That everyone is healthy and happy and that we all have a wonderful Holiday Season and can forget our troubles for awhile.

6. Tim Tams for everyone,  ho, ho,  ho!!

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Lorenzo

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2006, 02:38:21 am »
Sue, Thanks. Never seen Tim Tams or Arnotts here.  Interesting. I'll look out for them. :)
Have a great festive season all, I'll be off on holiday now for 10 days. Escaping festive season related family activities and concentrating on relaxing instead. Ciao, Lorenzo

Obita

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2006, 05:22:36 pm »
Arrivederla Lorenzo - avere un buono vacanze!!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2006, 05:29:02 pm »
 ;)

My company just left.  They got me bumper-guards that strap around me (velcro) to bounce off the walls.  (well, she thought it was funny but, I didn't)  She said she should have gotten that for me.  She left me a present under the tree.  I hope she wasn't serious.  She is stunned at my symptoms.  Some people just can't believe it all. 

Anyway, I would like my hearing back for Christmas.  I know that is not possible so........good health in the future is on my list.

So, I would like good health for my dogs and husband and let me see.........I know; I've been so stressed over the whole AN saga since last summer getting to this point, I'd like a professional hour massage.  (for the killer neck pain, etc.)  Oh, and a much needed trip without stress of traveling.  (maybe an Alaska cruise or trip to Switzerland or Europe to see artwork)  Where is Santa when you need him?

Ho Ho Ho,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2006, 05:35:13 pm »
 ;D

PS Oh, winning the lottery would help pay all my big med bills and maybe retire for sure, in peace.  (for husband and two dogs; that wouldn't hurt, either)  Oh how about balance for all my AN friends on the forum, ears that don't hurt, numbness going away, no facial pain, no migraines or fatique........or other symptoms of AN. 

I'm giving thanks for all I do have........let me see.........I'm not that good at humor.......more so, in person I can do great at a party.  I'm not that funny online; more of a serious writer.  Let me try.........

Well, I'm still thinking........got it........no problems in the world, no global warming, no pollution.......still serious! 

Here goes; how about a virtual online party where we all connect on the screen.   :P

Palace
single sided deafness

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2006, 06:10:30 pm »
Lorenzo, if you can get to a World Market, Tim Tams are called Arnott's and they have a parrot for a logo. They are sort of like chocolate covered graham crackers...sort of. They are from Australia.

I wish for : 1. Winning a major lottery and then we'd all do something fun - my treat, like throw the biggest Pirate party ever.

2.Being on the Oprah show when she has all the AN'ers in the audience and then she decides to do her "Favorite Things" show for all of us.

3. That the tinnitus would just go away so that I could enjoy silence once more.

4. That a cure for AN is discovered that only requires an injection of our miracle cure and then the AN just disolves away without any risk or side effects.

5. That everyone is healthy and happy and that we all have a wonderful Holiday Season and can forget our troubles for awhile.

6. Tim Tams for everyone, ho, ho, ho!!

Sue in Vancouver

#4 will be injectable Tim Tams ;D ;D ;D

patti ut

oh did I mention, I want Tim Tams.
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2006, 07:37:12 pm »
 :o

Holy-cow........I almost forgot.......man, I must be stressed-out; I want to meet one of the nicest people (who is also famous) and record a duet with him, non-other than, Mr. Joe Cocker.  I gave up a vocal career for privacy.  I have some regrets that I didn't go forth when I was getting there but, enjoy being private with a professional medical career.......BUT, I should have at least met someone I admire (and also, his wonderful wife.......Pam) and put-down an ALL OUT BLASTING song with AKA, John Cocker.  (JOE COCKER too nice for his own good) 

Well, that isn't humorous but, I had to say it because, that is on the "wish-list."

Yes, Oprah is also a wonderful person to meet.   ;)  Thank you Oprah for another year of having you around!

OK, back to funny.........well, we can get "happy" and still stay serious online New Year's Eve.  (and have our Mega-Big-Toasting out the old year and in with the New Year coming soon)

The last wish I can think of now is, NO MORE SPAM IN 07' and clean fun forum full of help/information.
single sided deafness

lmurray69

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2006, 08:32:23 pm »
I want to be on oprah too lets all write her and just maybe she will call us all. I would like to hug you all..you have made my year 2006 a wonderfull place even with all ou rproblems,,
Lorenzo, if you can get to a World Market, Tim Tams are called Arnott's and they have a parrot for a logo.  They are sort of like chocolate covered graham crackers...sort of.  They are from Australia. 

I wish for :  1. Winning a major lottery and then we'd all do something fun - my treat, like       throw the biggest Pirate party ever.

6. Tim Tams for everyone,  ho, ho,  ho!!

Sue in Vancouver
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2006, 09:17:47 pm »
I finally "got-it!"  We could wish for the old-fashioned toilet paper rolls where they aren't thin sheets and lots of air inbetween the T-paper roll.  Remember the days when they were thick and tightly rolled and you didn't find yourself wasting precious time having to go put on new rolls every single day.  (those with a family would understand what I'm saying if they are older and remember the good old quality days when, things were made better)  Now that to me is funny but, true. 

I know it has nothing to do with AN's but, I could tie it in somehow if necessary.  These are jokes for AN people since they have suffered, I guess.  *(including me)

Is that funny about the T-paper?  I'm not really sure.  I'm not a jokester.

Good night....

Palace
single sided deafness