Author Topic: My post surgery experience  (Read 3737 times)

SteveWWD

• www.myacousticneuroma.com
    • http://www.myacousticneuroma.com
My post surgery experience
« on: December 11, 2006, 10:03:01 pm »
My name is Steve and I am a 26 year old who just recently had an acoustic neuroma removed.  I had a 1.5 cm tumor, and it has been completely removed and I still have some hearing in the ear on the operated side.  My furstration in finding out information about younger people with acoustic neuroma and their experience has prompted me to create a website of my own experience.  Please take a look, I hope it is helpful to someone.  It is http://www.myacousticneuroma.com/

Thanks.

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: My post surgery experience
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 03:32:06 pm »
Steve,
  Wow, you've created a great site.  Many people will find your site very useful.  If you look through some of the postings on this Forum, you'll find several young people, including a few teenagers who are AN patients. 
 Best of luck with your recovery.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 04:03:30 pm »
To all:

I've visited Steve's website and it's chock full of information, laid out in a concise, easy-to-read format.  Highly recommended.

Jim[/color]
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Pembo

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 07:54:38 am »
Your website is excellent!!!

I see that you have a lot of neck stiffness. I was in OT after surgery and received deep tissue massage. It made all the difference. I had a BAHA implant 15 months after surgery and again my neck was stiff, I went to a local massage therapist who does medical massage. 30 minutes of work only on my neck and shoulder and I was good to go. Consider it........Stay strong........
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

robinm

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 11:33:21 am »
Hey Steve,
I am 23 year old. And I had my AN removed last September. Stay strong..everything will only be better with time..worst part is gone..it's good that you still have some hearing on the affected side. But, I am completely deaf on that side. But, I do not have a slightest of any other complications which post AN patients seem to have. Your website is great. Hope, it will be helpful for many others.
Robin