Author Topic: Dr. Chang and Dr. Alp at Hermann Memorial in Houston - good news  (Read 3646 times)

LarryS

Dr. Chang and Dr. Alp at Hermann Memorial in Houston - good news
« on: February 11, 2007, 08:28:07 pm »
I went ahead and had surgery on November 6, 2006, by Dr. Chang and Dr. Alp. It was all so miraculous. Dr. Chang and Dr. Alp are both wonderful physicians. They were able to remove 80% of my large tumor that had grown to about 4.5 cm x 3 cm and had a tail bulging into the brain stem. I had earlier had half treated with CK. The symptoms following the GK were worse for me than the actual surgery. I was up walking the next day after surgery, not just a couple of steps but all the way around the hospital floor. No dizziness. Still have dry eye and a little crooked smile but I feel so much better. No Bell's palsy like after the GK. I was up and around and back to driving about 10 days following the surgery. I actually drove in downtown Houston for my follow-up checkup. I will still be having six month MRIs to check on what they left in there. That was the part that was treated by the GK and they did their best not to do anything to affect my swallowing. It was just a miracle from God through the hands of those two doctors. I highly recommend them to anyone. If anybody has any questions, I am happy to help out in any way.  I will post my whole story one of these for anybody who would like to hear. We are all scared at the beginning of these journeys and you need to hear some good things along the way. Place your trust in God as he carried us through this one.

LS

Re: Dr. Chang and Dr. Alp at Hermann Memorial in Houston - good news
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 08:38:59 pm »
Thank you so much for your reply.  Did you have your surgery at Hermanns?  Also which procedure did the doctors use?

I cannot tell you how good it is to hear your postive story and results from those two gifted doctors.  Dr. Alp walks on water in my house for the miracle he pulled out for my friend who was hurt in the car wreck.  As time draws closer I might like to visit with you some more.  My email address is:  staggsl@bp.com

I will keep you in my prayers for your continued health and recovery.

Larry Staggs
1.6cm diagnosed Feb. 9th, 2006.  The Woodlands, TX

LarryS

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 05:21:08 pm »
My surgery was done at Hermann on a Monday. I spent one day in ICU then was moved to NICU so they could watch me on telemetry, then to a more private room on Friday. I was home on Saturday.

Do you have relatives in the Stockdale area? My wife new someone with the same name way back when...

Start yourself a folder for info and keep everything, including the parking tickets. Ours turned into a briefcase full of stuff but you can look back and see every bit anything you might need. Take a list of any medicine that you take to Dr. Chang and Dr. Alp's office along with any MRIs. I had my MRIs done at an Open MRI facility in Georgetown as I got too claustrophobic on the regular ones.

LS

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 10:35:28 pm »
No relatives there.  Thanks for the book keeping suggestions.
1.6cm diagnosed Feb. 9th, 2006.  The Woodlands, TX

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 06:42:23 pm »
Larry S- thanks for sharing the good news with LS- we need to hear the success stories about surgery.  Take care both- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys