Author Topic: Tingling  (Read 596 times)

Jasonvan25

Tingling
« on: January 12, 2024, 11:57:02 am »
First post on here. I am about 3.5 years post gamma knife for AN on the right side. MRI's have been good, so after last year they said to go to two years between MRI's. In the last month or so, had some slight tingling in the cheek area and right cheek and lip area feel a little off, not numbness, maybe more like a slight swelling feeling. Tinnitus has been pretty much every day, not causing interference in daily life, but definitely there. Also, has a little pain in the right ear. The worry is if the tumor has grown again and is causing issues. Seeing if anyone has similar issues and the results. Got an appointment with my regualr Dr next week, so will see what his suggestion is but guessing I will be back on the MRI table a year early.

mwatto

Re: Tingling
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 08:02:33 pm »
My only sign of an AN for two years was a stabbing ear pain. 5 years post CK I still get that - however mine turned out to be TMJ. Maybe look into that re the ear pain. Melatonin, antioxidants (I like astaxanthin at the moment - mine 12mg) may help https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6950042/. Calming the brain down- increasing GABA naturally helped me.

I also listen to music in day - chill or classical and white noise at night. Re tingling- I wonder if that might be post viral (I had covid and got that and then it went away - I took lemon balm, bromelain, SPM resolvins, fucoidan, NAC and recently LDN). I use supplements to target inflammation but also eat healthy and essentially I make sure I get enough sleep! As I type this I no longer have tinnitus.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 12:59:52 am by mwatto »
Michele
20 x19x14mm Cystic AN diagnosed Feb 2019. CK.
Mri 2019 shrinking: 18x17x13 mm.
Mri 2020 - no cysts visible stable.
MRI 2021 stable no change
MRI 2022 stable no change.
MRI 2023 Further reduction 12x12x10mm!! Hearing 85%
MRI 2024: No change AN or hearing

Jasonvan25

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 09:54:18 am »
Thanks for the reply. Will look into the tmj!!

donjehle

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 08:26:49 am »
Hi Jasonvan25, and welcome to the ANA Forums!  Thank you for posting!

The only thing I can add is please do not jump to conclusions too soon.  It truly might be related to your GK treatment, but it also might be TMJ (as Michele suggested) or something else from some other cause.

You are doing the right thing by going to your doctor.  Please let us know what he/she thinks is going on.

It's not common for a person to have symptoms a few years after treatment, but it's not that unusual either.

Best wishes on your continued journey!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

Jasonvan25

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 08:50:46 am »
Thanks for the reply Don. My Dr didn't seemed concerned at this point. The tingling has been good and overall my face feels back to normal. My tinnitus has been present pretty much non stop but last night I was sleeping and it was ringing so loud it woke me up, then it was like the tinnitus bubble burst, and now the tinnitus is much better this morning. Weird stuff. Thanks for the replies. This is a good site.
Thanks,
Jason Van Lishout