Author Topic: Phonak Roger On  (Read 994 times)

scottshepard

Phonak Roger On
« on: September 30, 2023, 08:42:45 pm »
I was wondering if the Roger On assistive listening device is worth having.  Does it significantly improve speech in noisy environments?  Is it worth the money?

donjehle

Re: Phonak Roger On
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 12:41:00 pm »
Thanks for asking that question, scottshepard!

I am not personally familiar with the Roger On.  However, when I looked it up online, I can see how it could significantly improve speech in noisy environments.  Placing something like a microphone near to a person who is talking to you, especially in a restaurant, makes a lot of sense to me.  And Phonak is a well-respected brand.

The question of whether it's worth the cost is a personal one.  It appears that the Roger On is in the $1,200 to $1,800 range.  For someone who is doing a lot of business entertaining where it is critical to hear what a client is saying, that cost might not be too significant for them.  For another person who might appreciate its ability to point in a certain direction, but has limited financial resources, it might be too expensive for them.

Like many things in the Acoustic Neuroma world, it seems to be an individual decision on its worth and value.  I just hope someone with actual experience with the Roger On  will comment and educate us all.
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.