Author Topic: Тachycardia while waking from surgery?  (Read 754 times)

ilti_1988

Тachycardia while waking from surgery?
« on: August 18, 2023, 12:44:18 am »
Hi all,

I am curious if anyone had tachycardia immidiatelly after the surgery? I was waking the next morning from a what I felt a successfull operation and then my puls started increasing slowly. I also started feeling that my AN ear started filling with water/liquid and then then my puls went up even further. There was no one arround me and even though the machine I was attached to was beeping loudly also the allarm went off - I had to yell for help 3 times util someone comes to me. This lasted like a couple of mins. The doctor told that my puls was around 190-200 and gave me 3 different things to get calm. He mentioned it was a neurally based reaction.

Well it was very scary, I thought after successfull operation I will die... all was good, no side effects, still aliive   :).

Anyone with such experiences?

06.June23 - diziness-->AN left side 3,25x2,94x3,73cm
28.June23 - Retrosigmoid, Subtotal resection, Sofia BG, D-r Gergarnov
29.Sept23 - results from surgery: 2,5x2,3x1.9cm

Greece Lover

Re: Тachycardia while waking from surgery?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 03:36:14 pm »
I had the opposite.  the alarms went off because my heart rate was too slow! LOL.

I also had the water feeling in my head.  I could hear a dripping like sound.  My surgeon told me it was actually water.  They use tons of water with the bone saw to keep it cool.  If you've ever watched a video of AN surgery, you'll see what I mean.  The body just absorbs the water, apparently.

Good luck with your recovery. Last week I was in Colorado and my son and I hiked up over 13,000 on a mountain, so there is life after surgery!
Vestibular Schwannoma 1.2 cm. Right side.
Middle fossa surgery at University of Iowa on May 9 2016.
Hearing saved.  Face is fine. Balance pretty darn good most days.
One year follow up MRI showed no tumor. 
Five year follow up showed no tumor, so I'm in the clear.