Thanks for the replies, everyone. All great advice, which is best to get from people who have the same condition. All your advice is logical and makes sense.
I just have a hard time doing nothing knowing this little bugger it in "there", which is triggering enormous anxiety. Especially at 48 years of age when I still feel quite young. For example, whenever I have the slightest issue in my good ear, I think I might have a second VS which could mean I have NF2, even though there is nothing in the MRI to suggest a tumor. Or, all last night I had bouts of tinnitus and partial hearing loss in my affected ear, only to have things get better, but then to have it be a problem this morning. Part of my mind says, just take my hearing and let's be done with this torture. The other part of my mind says, why would I want that?
I keep telling myself that no amount of worry is going to change this condition. Sometimes that line of thinking helps, other times it doesn't. Makes for rough times when it doesn't.
When my doc explained the complications from treatment, which included facial paralysis, that was/is probably the main reason I was OK with the "wait and watch" approach since that is not one of my symptoms now. But as I've had time to "wait and think", I can't help but think CK treatment while it's small to hopefully stop and perhaps even shrink the tumor now before facial paralysis becomes
a symptom might not be a bad idea. But then, maybe facial issues won't ever be a problem so why poke the bear? Also, as @Judyette mentioned, there's a lot of nerve structures crammed into a very small area so the possibility of damaging them is fairly high. Why take that risk?
What I need to understand and cement into my thinking is, no one, not even the doctors, has a crystal ball that can tell you what will happen if you do this or that. You could roll the dice and be proactive in treatment, only to have the results be a lot worse. Or, you can take a reactive approach, So pick a game plan, stick to it until there's a reason not to, then come up with a new game plan should it be needed. And perhaps more than anything, just accept whatever happens and find a way to move on.
I just need to see what the second scan says on May 15th. Ugh, going to be tough. But I'll figure it out.