Author Topic: Hyperbaric chamber  (Read 1110 times)

mjinsb

• AN left side found Dec. 27 2022
Hyperbaric chamber
« on: February 18, 2023, 02:38:02 pm »
When I first lost 60% of my hearing I did a series of treatments of hyperbaric chamber along with ozone treatments to my ears. I regained 40% of my hearing back. Two months later when I finally had an MRI, the acoustic neuroma was found. I have surgery scheduled in April. I'm wondering if anyone has done the hyperbaric chamber both as preparation for surgery and post surgery to aid in healing and reduce inflammation. I'm a huge fan since I believe it's what gave me back most my hearing.

gbly

Re: Hyperbaric chamber
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 02:15:51 pm »
I have not been fortunate enough to have access to a HC, but I have heard many people say they recommend it too.  I would be interested in what you decide and how it all goes.
When is your surgery?
v/r GB

donjehle

Re: Hyperbaric chamber
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 01:39:42 pm »
Hi mjinsb!

I was initially scheduled to have hyperbaric chamber treatments, but my ENT said that research showed that the HC treatments were only effective if started within a certain timeframe from the initial diagnosis of the acoustic neuroma.  I have not confirmed that to be true, but it's the reason why my ENT cancelled my hyperbaric chamber treatments.

I am curious what others have experienced with hyperbaric chamber treatments before or after surgery.
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.