Author Topic: Symptoms affected by monthly hormonal shifts?  (Read 701 times)

KristenMarie

Symptoms affected by monthly hormonal shifts?
« on: January 12, 2023, 03:57:12 pm »
Hello! I'm a 44 year old female who had Gamma Knife for a 2cm AN on 2/16/22. My symptoms went away almost immediately after treatment. Now, 11 months in, I'm having some "wave feelings" in my brain. I know it's expected for things to get a little worse before they get better. My question is, do any other women on here notice their symptoms are worse at near ovulation or PMS? This was always the case for me pre-surgery and it's now happening again. I can function and it's not nauseating, it's just disconcerting. The ENT said it's probably the tumor gradually changing and my GP did a full exam on me due to the "wave feelings" that were at random times of the day. Every seemed fine to the GP, it's just odd that the ENT had never heard of hormonal shifts affecting tumor symptoms. Anyone else? Thanks!

donjehle

Re: Symptoms affected by monthly hormonal shifts?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 03:49:25 pm »
Hi KristenMarie!

I'm not a female, and I can't answer your question, but I want to thank you for making this post.  If others answer this, it can be a great benefit to the ANA Forums.

Please update us on your continued recovery!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.