Author Topic: Just got admitted in hospital  (Read 982 times)

davebanninga

Just got admitted in hospital
« on: January 05, 2023, 01:41:14 pm »
This morning I woke up with a really really bad headache, it didn't pass when taking normal pain medication.
It got so bad I started puking, I got taken into the hospital they checked everything from possible diabetes to a stroke/bleeding.

Everything turned out good, they didn't see anything out of the ordinary but the doctors where debating if they noticed increased brain pressure, but since my last scan was a MRI they couldn't compare the CT scan.

So now iam at the observation waiting for my 2nd MRI.
Fun adventures, does anyone know what they do if there is increased brainpresure ?

Diagnosed Nov '22 
left AN 40mm
Put on wait and scan

Jan' 23 vomitting and severe headaches.
2nd MRI Jan'23 showed 48mm (8mm increase because of bleeding in tumor)

Surgery planned for 23th of Feb '23

davebanninga

Re: Just got admitted in hospital
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 09:07:10 am »
Update, 2nd MRI showed the tumor had a small bleeding hence elevated brainpresure because of swelling.
That's where the bad headaches came from and why I vomited.

Today iam released from hospital as there is no acute danger right now, Tuesday i got a meeting with my surgeon  to discuss possible surgery.
If vomiting comes back i need to return, for a possible drainage of the brain to relieve pressure
Diagnosed Nov '22 
left AN 40mm
Put on wait and scan

Jan' 23 vomitting and severe headaches.
2nd MRI Jan'23 showed 48mm (8mm increase because of bleeding in tumor)

Surgery planned for 23th of Feb '23

Greece Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 10:40:05 am »
Yikes, this sounds scary.  Glad you're OK for now and good luck!  I've never heard of this before. 
Vestibular Schwannoma 1.2 cm. Right side.
Middle fossa surgery at University of Iowa on May 9 2016.
Hearing saved.  Face is fine. Balance pretty darn good most days.
One year follow up MRI showed no tumor. 
Five year follow up showed no tumor, so I'm in the clear.

donjehle

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 07:16:18 pm »
Whoa, davebanninga!  I'm sorry I did not notice your post until now!  You are an important part of our community, and we wish the very best for you!

I'm just glad that you are in no acute danger right now, and that they were able to determine what caused the bad headaches and why you vomited.  At least you have a plan of action.  Keep us posted after you meet with your surgeon.

I went to the ER on New Year's Day because I was having trouble breathing and I'm not asthmatic.  But a thousand dollars later, they told me all the tests came back fine, and they released me without treatment -- which was good, but also puzzling on why I experienced what I did.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with my acoustic neuroma.  And the only reason I mention it here is that you are fortunate the hospital was able to determine what had happened, and you have a plan for the future.

I will be looking forward to hearing an update on Tuesday! 

Take care, my friend!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.