Author Topic: Uncommon Symptom?  (Read 1184 times)

Kamama62

Uncommon Symptom?
« on: October 12, 2022, 02:59:12 pm »
I was diagnosed 7/11/22 with a 4x5x6MM schwanomma. I am on watch and wait until January then another MRI.
Lately, my fatigue has gotten worse and I have been having a low grade fever daily, as in all day, for about 2 months.
I am aware fatigue can be a common symptom, but can a low grade fever? I just had a CBC done and everything is within normal range.
Thanks for any input.

donjehle

Re: Uncommon Symptom?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 04:46:08 pm »
Thank you, Kamama62, for making your first post on the forums!  Welcome!

I am not aware of a continual low grade fever being a common symptom of a schwannoma like the fatigue you mentioned.  However, just because the continual low grade fever is not common, it does not mean that it is not a symptom.  I'm not a physician, and I can't give medical advise, but one thing I have learned about acoustic neuromas is that everyone's journey is a little different, and what is true with one person is not necessarily the case with another one.

I am also on watch and wait until my next MRI.

But thank you for sharing your experience.  Maybe someone else now will have the courage to post that they, too, had a constant low-grade fever.

I wish you the best!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

astaosk

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 04:06:39 am »
I also have had on-and-off low-grade fever (more on than off) for 1.5 month. I'm trying to find the source of this, have some other health things going on, but none that explains such a long-term fever.

(My surgeon has decided on gamma surgery, still waiting for when)

donjehle

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 02:28:18 pm »
Thank you for making your first post, astaosk!

Please update us when you have your gamma knife procedure.

Best wishes on your journey!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.