Author Topic: Post nasal drip, salty taste in mouth - 2 months post trans lab  (Read 1968 times)

GeorgeGMV

I was wondering if anyone has had similar post op symptoms 2 months after trans lab surgery. I am hoping it will go away but was wondering if anyone else experienced these issues how long it took to go away or if it is permanent. Thanks!

MarlaB

• Administrator
Re: Post nasal drip, salty taste in mouth - 2 months post trans lab
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 04:42:11 pm »
Please call your doctor right away.

Marla B.

GeorgeGMV

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 06:09:11 am »
I have called my doctor and actually saw him on July 6. I don't have a leak. He said it's a portion of the facial nerve that is irritated causing this to happen.

MarlaB

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 07:55:09 am »
OK...that was my thought. I have never heard of the other..I hope you find some answers...food tasted weird to me for a few months, but it was not salty.

Girldad

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 06:22:47 am »
I think I know what you are experiencing. I am 4 months post trans lab surgery and have had maybe some of the same symptoms. For the first couple of months especially I would have a different taste on my AN side that could be described as salty. I have had no other drips or leaks of any kind, just a different taste in my mouth. My doctors told me that a salty taste by itself was not a reason for concern, but if I had any fluid from the ear or nose with it, that I needed to call immediately. It has gradually gone away, but is still there somewhat. I don’t really know if it is going away or I am just adjusting to it, but either way I don’t notice it as much lately. Hope that helps. Congratulations on a successful surgery.
Diagnosed 10/16/20 19.2mm x 14.7mm x 12.7mm
Last MRI on 4/27/21 19.2mm x 14.7mm x 13.8mm
Translab surgery at UCSD 3/17/22
with Drs. Friedman and Schwartz
BAHA user

GeorgeGMV

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 05:31:28 am »
Thanks for the reply, makes me feel a bit better.