Author Topic: Had a MRI last week for suspected AN/NHS UK  (Read 2873 times)

Yazhughes

Had a MRI last week for suspected AN/NHS UK
« on: April 16, 2022, 12:33:11 pm »
I'm abit confused and its easter weekend and the hospital xray department isnt answering my calls. Basically I had an MRI without contrast on Tuesday and it was over within 15 minutes and sent home. I was quite positive as I thought oh they've not found out with how quick it was. I've had a letter through today from the hospital dated the day after my scan for another MRI. I've had no contact off the hospital or my ent just that letter. Do we think it may be a error? Surely a radiologist hasn't done a report that quick and if it was urgent I would of had a call. My mind is just going crazy atm because I can't contact them.

Thankyou.

donjehle

Re: Had a MRI last week for suspected AN/NHS UK
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 06:26:07 pm »
Hi Yazhughes!  And thank you for making your first post on the ANA Forums!

Easter weekend is sure a difficult time to receive a lot of answers, and when it comes to an acoustic neuroma, we like to know right away what was found.  Is this your first MRI for the suspected AN?  I am a little surprised that they did not order it with contrast.  It isn't necessary to have contrast (and some patients choose to have it without contrast), but many ENT doctors prefer to order the MRIs with contrast because it is a little easier to view (as I understand it, and I'm definitely not a radiologist).

Speaking of radiologists, mine read it and generated a report the same day.  In fact, my hospital put the images and the radiologist's report on a DVD for me to take to my ENT doctor a few hours after my scan was done.  So, it can be done very quickly.  Maybe the reason they sent you a letter for another MRI is because they wanted to do one with contrast?  I don't know; we would be speculating.  But let us know what you find out.  We want to encourage you on your journey!

Best wishes!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

Dawn from MN

Re: Had a MRI last week for suspected AN/NHS UK
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 05:25:46 pm »
Hi Yazhughes.  I only went once for my MRI, but they did it without contrast during the first part and told me they would inject the dye halfway through and the other half of the MRI was with contrast.  The results were out there online for me the following morning and I googled the results to find out I did have acoustic neuroma.  I was told the results only go to me and to the ENT so there was no one else who had the results at the clinic or hospital and I had to wait 2 more days to get a call from the ENT.  I hope you get good results.