Author Topic: JAW Pain  (Read 2391 times)

bjhk

JAW Pain
« on: April 10, 2022, 09:39:39 am »
I had CK 5 radiations April 2021.  Right Ear
January:
Left jaw  and ear were sore; so ENT did a VNG test which showed everything ok

the jaw pain still comes and goes.  Last week pain in my Right Jaw; went to Dentist ; several xrays shows not a dental problem

I see ENT in June

Has anyone else had Jaw Pain after CK?

gary.s

Re: JAW Pain
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 01:14:14 pm »
Hi bjhk,

I find that if I sleep on my right side, which is the AN side, I wake up with a very sore face. My AN ear, behind the ear and my jaw hurt. I try to sleep on either my back or my left side which always helps. Usually during the night, I have a tendency to roll over on my AN side with a painful result. I am training myself to stay off of my AN side, easier said than done. Additionally, I have trigeminal pain which is also induced by sleeping on my AN side. This is how I am dealing with facial pain. Best of luck.
Mild symptoms on right side July 2014
CK April 16-20, 2018, Barrow Neurological Institute
9/2018 hearing aid Phonak Audeo B and Cros B

mwatto

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 07:10:35 pm »
Hi I had CK three years agao and still cannot sleep on that side. I get ear pain that wakes me up. Its a trigeminal stabbing pain. Sometimes jaw and behind that side eye. I have to only sleep on my other side. I dont have an answer really but have found lemon balm tincture helps me- and I am now looking into other nervine herbs because so far only they have helped - I declined amitryptaline and gabapentin.
Michele
20 x19x14mm Cystic AN diagnosed Feb 2019. CK.
Mri 2019 shrinking: 18x17x13 mm.
Mri 2020 - no cysts visible stable.
MRI 2021 stable no change
MRI 2022 stable no change.
MRI 2023 Further reduction 12x12x10mm!! Hearing 85%
MRI 2024: No change AN or hearing

bjhk

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 08:32:58 am »
My jaw doesn't hurt at night;  only when I am awake or when chewing. That is why I went to the dentist and he said everything dental is ok

Bp15

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 12:49:25 pm »
This sounds like TMJ.  I’ve started to have this 5 months ago from the side of the AN. Then 2 weeks later moved to the other side, and now I’m wearing the mouth guard and it helps a lot during sleep, but I have to change my sleep position to only on my back, not on the side.  Eating and talking hurts the ear (AN side) and tinnitus is extremely loud now when it acts up.

However, my side of the AN, the TMJ does NOT exhibit clicks of pops or anything but it hurts a lot when I chew and gives me headache. The other side on the contrary would clicks but not much of other issues.

Currently the AN side has been diagnosed as having cholesterol granuloma and I’m scheduled for surgery to remove the fluid.

Hope this helps.

mwatto

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2022, 07:01:11 pm »
Hi Gary how are you going? I still have stabbing ear and eye pain but am finding some things help a bit...mainly for me its around sleep. If I sleep am ok pain wise. o 4th year MRI continues to shrink so I think its TMJ. They looked at my trigeminal nerve this last MRI and its normal. No clear eveidence to any irritation or compression. So think its dental. Its def improved tho with You Tube TMJ exercises.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 07:50:09 pm by mwatto »
Michele
20 x19x14mm Cystic AN diagnosed Feb 2019. CK.
Mri 2019 shrinking: 18x17x13 mm.
Mri 2020 - no cysts visible stable.
MRI 2021 stable no change
MRI 2022 stable no change.
MRI 2023 Further reduction 12x12x10mm!! Hearing 85%
MRI 2024: No change AN or hearing