Author Topic: OSIA OSI300 Implant  (Read 94 times)

Angela330

OSIA OSI300 Implant
« on: April 04, 2024, 01:25:30 pm »
I am looking at getting an OSIA OSI300 implant to help with my SSD.  This device would allow me to continue to get MRIs to check on my residual tumor.  This device was just launched in October of 2023 so I am wondering if anyone has this implant.  I have an appointment on April 11th for a simulation to see if I would like it.  I am curious to see if anyone has this new implant and their experience with it. It's my understanding that the operation to implant is about 90 minutes and then a 6 week wait for it to heal before it can be activated.   I am excited to actually have an option available.   
4.3 cm Vestibular Schwannoma left side
Dry Mouth main symptom and then Balance issues & suffered from Hydrocephalus (No hearing loss before)
Retrosigmoid Surgery at Barnes Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO -2019
After: SSD, MRIs to monitor small residual tumor, some facial paralysis, No Balance Issues

donjehle

Re: OSIA OSI300 Implant
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 09:43:19 pm »
I have read some about this device, and it looks very promising.  Please keep us posted on your experience with it.  And thanks for sharing this on the forums, Angela330.
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.