Author Topic: On Plavix blood thinner has anyone had experience with this drug w/ANA surgery  (Read 3128 times)

chrisrlundberg@gmail.com

My tumor is growing steady and getting to the point of deciding radiation or surgery and to add to the mix I use a blood thinner. Talking with my doctors they provided me with both options with similar outcomes . Anyway the information I need is has anyone had this type of operation while taking Plavix and how was the outcome and how did they control bleeding.

MarlaB

• Administrator
I don't know about how radiation and blood thinners work together, but I know that blood thinners in your system and surgery are a bad combination. Can you go without the blood thinners for long enough to have them not impact incisions? That's a question for your surgeon. Good luck!!

chrisrlundberg@gmail.com

From what I was told with radiation it doesn't pose a issue with surgery I would need to stop taking drug for 21 days or use a drug to stop bleeding during surgery. My goal is to see if anyone had success with the surgery in either condition . Radiation doesn't seem as effective as surgery and may cause issues later on if it doesn't work. It is a hard choice . Thank you for you reply.