Author Topic: Post translab surgery MRI’s  (Read 2368 times)

Pbellovin

Post translab surgery MRI’s
« on: May 19, 2021, 01:24:32 pm »
In August it will be two years since my translab surgery. I had my first post surgery MRI at 8 months. Everything looked good; no change. Now it is 14 months after my MRI and my Surgeon’s office has not called me to schedule a second test. I’ve left messages  and no one has returned my calls. Normally I wouldn’t be concerned but for the past 3 weeks, when I wake from sleeping, I feel that old dizzy and imbalanced feeling and have trouble walking to and from the rest room which is only a few feet away since my surgery almost two years ago, my balance is pretty good during daylight hours, but when it gets dark, I’m very imbalanced. I can’t even walk down steps or even off a curb at night without someone assisting me. Should I be concerned about this renewed imbalance after sleepingAnd is it possible that the 5 percent of the tumor that was left because my facial nerve would have been compromised, could be after only 2 years?  Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks!

Greece Lover

Re: Post translab surgery MRI’s
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 02:44:06 pm »
I would imagine your health care provider has in in their schedule to follow up with the MRI. I just had my five year check up and they contacted me about it.

The balance thing is tough. Many of us have difficulty in the dark, and I know also that sometimes it fluctuates and isn't consistent, which is frustrating. hang in there.
Vestibular Schwannoma 1.2 cm. Right side.
Middle fossa surgery at University of Iowa on May 9 2016.
Hearing saved.  Face is fine. Balance pretty darn good most days.
One year follow up MRI showed no tumor. 
Five year follow up showed no tumor, so I'm in the clear.

Cheryl R

Re: Post translab surgery MRI’s
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 11:01:59 pm »
I have the same drs as Greece Lover and was told it will always be a problem in the dark.       Flashlights and nightlights are your new friends,
                                                                                 Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care