Author Topic: Vaccine side effects?? Hearing loss???  (Read 4837 times)

Lee Falk

Vaccine side effects?? Hearing loss???
« on: May 12, 2021, 11:28:16 am »
Hi,
I'm just about 5 years post op my AN. SSD in right ear. I'm terrified to get the vaccine because I read about rare cases of loss of hearing and increased tinnitus. Has anyone out there gotten the vaccine and had these issues? have they resolved? I want the vaccine! But I don't want to lose hearing in my only good ear..... Advice??? :o

bfoley

Re: Vaccine side effects?? Hearing loss???
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 05:14:11 am »
SSD due to fast growing AN - pre gamma knife.  Had both doses of Pfizer and had zero side effects other than slightly sore arm.  Some people state blood type may be a factor in reactions?  I am B +.  Good luck!

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 03:36:14 pm »
Have had no impact from my 2 injections. In fact, I had Covid last year in October and ran a low fever for 1 day, and didn’t know I had it until my last blood donation said I have Covid antibodies. This was before I had my vaccine. Lost my sense of smell and taste and some days I can smell a little however most days I cannot.

Greece Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 07:03:49 am »
I have slight hearing loss in AN side.  I had both doses of Moderna and it had no impact on any of my tinnitus or hearing.
Vestibular Schwannoma 1.2 cm. Right side.
Middle fossa surgery at University of Iowa on May 9 2016.
Hearing saved.  Face is fine. Balance pretty darn good most days.
One year follow up MRI showed no tumor. 
Five year follow up showed no tumor, so I'm in the clear.

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 11:08:34 am »
I'm SSD on my AN side with tinnitus, have hearing loss in my other ear and I'm 9 years out from CK with that said...
After first vaccine shot 48 hours later my tinnitus, which was only in one ear, got so bad I was crying and it started up in my other ear.
I'm SSD on my AN side and have hearing loss on my "good" side so after much research I decided NOT to get the second shot or any further vaccines.  I will not put myself at risk to becoming totally deaf!
The tinnitus has calmed down some but it's still worse than it ever was.
I've been to my ENT who did a hearing test, said my hearing had not changed thank heaven; however, a couple of weeks later I started having terrible vestibular problems.  The dizziness and balance problems are almost as bad as they were right after my CK treatment.  I went to my neurotologist who is sending me for PT for the vestibular problems.
Here's the interesting part, while being checked in at the neurotologist office the nurse and I had an interesting conversation.  She said they've seen numerous patients with the same complaints as mine and actually have had two that lost their hearing!   :'(
I understand that people want to move beyond this pandemic but if I had known of these side effects I never would have gotten the vaccine. 
It's a personal choice, good luck.
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

tsaff88

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 01:10:16 pm »
I had the Moderna vaccine.  No increase in tinnitus or any other side effects other than a sore arm for a couple of days. 

mwatto

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 07:21:01 pm »
Try melatonin at night. This really helped my tinnitus. I take Circadin melatonin (slow release 2mg) and when I get bad nerve pain or tinnitus I add in 1 mg Valium. I only take the Valium every few weeks if having a flare and only at night. Another useful product is PEA (palmitoylethanomide) which is natural. I am also trialing tissue salts at night (Scheussler) might be a coincidence but the mag phos and kali phos seem to help. Looking into L-theanine.
Michele
20 x19x14mm Cystic AN diagnosed Feb 2019. CK.
Mri 2019 shrinking: 18x17x13 mm.
Mri 2020 - no cysts visible stable.
MRI 2021 stable no change
MRI 2022 stable no change.
MRI 2023 Further reduction 12x12x10mm!! Hearing 85%
MRI 2024: No change AN or hearing

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2021, 01:09:38 pm »
Thank you for the suggestions for helping the tinnitus, will give them a try.  Something has to help.  Going to new neurotologist tomorrow regarding the tinnitus.
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

mwatto

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2021, 07:28:35 pm »
Melatonin dampened my tinnitus to nothing.
Michele

mwatto

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2021, 07:32:48 pm »
How are you doing now? I am a bit worried re waiting to have Pfizer. Unsure. Thinking I might wait longer- I live in Perth Australia and we have a shortage but no COVID here anyway. I am two and a half years past my Cyberknife. Has your hearing and balance stabilised now? Last thing I need - mine ipsilateral to the trigeminal and I have earache a lot. No other symptoms.
Michele

mwatto

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2022, 01:32:24 am »
Hi tinnitus is a common side effect of Pfizer and it is probably transient. I belong to a forum and its common. I had CK three years ago and yeah I had a lot of side effects after one jab including tinnitus. Gone now at 6 months.
Michele

3tigerz

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2022, 11:10:15 am »
One year post surgery with sub removal. I have had both Moderna vaccinations and two boosters. I had no side effects.
AN 1.4 CM Diagnosed 8/2019
Wait & See but grew to 2.3 CM in 8 mths
10/2020 Sub removal Retrosigmoid @ Stanford
Face sometimes tingly
Balance not too bad most days
Loss of left hearing
1 year follow-up = no growth

donjehle

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2022, 04:33:51 pm »
Thank you for posting your experience, 3tigerz.
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

Bp15

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2022, 02:48:33 pm »
Again, repost what I did in another 2 topics which also talk about this…

I’ve developed some issues, not sure if this is related to vaccine (Pfizer), but let me tell you what I have.  AN left side, removal of the inner ear so no hearing on that ear (Not sure if this is call trans-lab or something else…, i lost track of all the terminologies after 15 years), and yes, the surgery was done 15 years ago.  After 6 months, I had CFS leak into my inner ear.  My ENT said that she can see the fluid behind the ear-drum.  Took me about 2 years to get used to the imbalances and started to live normally again w/o hearing and some loss of balance.  Took me at least 5 years to be able to sleep on that side, so just wait a bit longer if you still have issue sleeping on that side. 

Recently, about 3 months ago, I started to have the itch inside the AN ear…really itchy and I had to press hard a the bottom of the earlobe to relieve some itch.  Sometimes I have to use the cotton swab to scratch the inner ear canal too (But NOT recommended by my ENT).  Then about a month or so ago, I started to have twitches inside the AN ear.  Then just last week, the itchness mostly gone (only sometimes now), but the twitches seem to happen more frequently and so is the tinnitus. Tinnitus is very loud now and seems to amplified with noise/sound from the good ear…(i closed off the good ear and the AN side does not amplify the tinnitus so I assume that is caused by sound from the good ear).  I have some mild headache on top of my eyebrows (both sides).  Also experiencing some facial tenseness in the AN side.  I’ve been very worried that the tumor has come back.  I’ve always had tinnitus since the start of AN and before and after the surgery but not this loud and it sounds like find bubbling sound instead of the normal high/medium pitch sound.  All the symptoms I’m having now seems to either indicate that the tumor has return on the facial nerve or something (like vaccine) has disturbed the area.

However, when I told my brother, he called me and said that his wife (She has no AN issue)…also got the second Pfizer booster shot 2 weeks ago (mine was 3 weeks ago), and she also is experiencing itches on one year but both of her ears are having issue with tinnitus and muffled.  Her friend also has same issue.  My older brother also has same issue with his ear after getting the Pfizer vaccine (his is the first).  I’m starting to think that my itchy issue starting from getting the first booster and now with the second booster shot, it is getting worse???  All I am saying is this might be the pattern (I hope, since I don’t want to get the tumor again!).  My older brother’s issue seems to subside after few weeks.  My sister in law issue seems to get better as well after 3-4 weeks, but she only back to 60% normalcy in terms of hearing.

Did you also see the news about some Vaccine researcher also experiencing the same issue?  He is paid to do research for one of these vaccine companies and he is having this issue too and he is asking the govement to look into this unreported issue.

At any rate, I’m trying to see if i can make appointment to see doctor Slattery or Dr. Lokovic…I know they probably work together on the AN surgery and one is a Otolaryngology and dr. Lokovic is a neurologist.  Which doctor does one need to see first or does not matter?

Thanks and hope my information i have hear could help someone.