Author Topic: MRI 10 years post gamma  (Read 1873 times)

vb

MRI 10 years post gamma
« on: April 22, 2021, 02:31:06 pm »
Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile. Hope all is well. I had my MRI following 10 years of gamma. Lots has happened in between but I am thankful and greatful to report that my tumor is stable.

I would love to hear from you the new ones here and the old ones here.

Vivian 

Diagnosed in 2009 1.9 cm
Acoustic Meningioma
Watch an wait for one year
Gammaknife radiation at 2.1 cm
Toronto Western Hospital

bfoley

Re: MRI 10 years post gamma
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 03:43:56 am »
Nice to "meet" you Vivian!

Great news - stable is good!  Hoping that remains the case for you and for me! 1 year post report for me was good, so another 9 years to go!

vb

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 06:39:16 am »
Nice to meet you too abd glad to hear.
Where did you have yours done?

Vivian
Diagnosed in 2009 1.9 cm
Acoustic Meningioma
Watch an wait for one year
Gammaknife radiation at 2.1 cm
Toronto Western Hospital

bfoley

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 04:37:00 am »
Vivian-
I had Gamma at the Mayo - MN Rochester campus.  Dr. Link was in charge of my care, but really it was a great team that looked after me down there. I can recommend Mayo, and think they do a wonderful job of care.

Do you have anything that you continue to work on?  Balance / dizziness is a daily thing, but more of a nuisance mostly.  I do bounce off walls at the end of the day when I get tired.  SSD in tumor side, before the Gamma. Hearing loss was the final thing that got me to diagnosis. Was hearing a cross system at work when I was going in, now that I WFH I only wear it occasionally (because I only go out occasionally  ;).

I think each person figures out what will work for them after, just like they figured out what treatment to use, but I am always looking for what others have found that works.   

I walk around 5 miles daily.  Prior to covid was doing yoga and zumba once a week.  Are you active?  I have not tried to ride a bike, pretty afraid I would not be able to.

I use ginger root for nausea when dizzy. Take CoQ-10, fish oil and biotin daily but none of those are for symptoms, just general health.

I am in my later 50's and hoping to retire earlier than full retirement age!