Author Topic: GK eyebrow and forhead no movement  (Read 1588 times)

ivana

GK eyebrow and forhead no movement
« on: April 08, 2021, 11:42:51 pm »
Hello everyone,  yesterday I had GK for small an 9x8x6.
It was little bumpy road due head frame but I have survived.
I had hearing loss od 20db right after intervention and day after woke up with no movement in my eveybrow and forehead. I know this is very rare...but here I am!
I just hope it will stop here, beside it's just second day after gk. I am on 120mg corticosteroids because hearing loss, I guess it helps to facial nerve aswell.
Please is therre anyone with similar story?
:(

gbly

Re: GK eyebrow and forhead no movement
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 10:17:54 pm »
Ivana,
Good luck, I had my face lose movement about 3 months after radiation, yours was soon, but like the doctor told me...With that fast of response means the tumor is responding to the radiation.  The doctors have said we should get it back with time.  Start doing the facial exercises so that you keep everyone moving.  I do have to use my finger to move my eyebrow but I have seen positive results.

Keep us posted and good luck.
GB

notaclone13

Re: GK eyebrow and forhead no movement
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 01:39:21 pm »
For a small AN like yours they usually deliver around 12.5 Gys of radiation which is high enough to retard tumor growth, but usually not enough to cause permanent damage to healthy nerve function. I believe your facial nerve may be a little angry at the moment, but should return to normal after some healing time. Do you know what dose of radiation you received?