Author Topic: rapid growth  (Read 3927 times)

Elena Melnikova

rapid growth
« on: February 13, 2021, 02:12:54 am »
Hello, dear ones! I am in the period before the operation. On December 25, I was diagnosed with the size of the tumor 1.4 * 1.4 * 1.9 see The doctor suggested doing a control MRI in three months to see the dynamics. It's been less than two months, and I've decided to do this MRI. It happened today. The dimensions have changed after just a month and a half! now 1.6 * 1.6 * 1.9. The MRI machine is the same.
 I'm panicking! Does that happen?
I will send the result to the doctor only the day after tomorrow, on Monday.  tell me, did anyone have the same rapid growth? And what does that mean?? Thank you all very much!

vanisubodh

Re: rapid growth
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 10:53:31 pm »
I am in similar situation. Mine grew from 7mm to 14mm in 15 months. I was/am in panic mode to get it treated. Having said that, Is there a factor of error that can be added to the size you measured? If so, it might be a good news that it is marginal growth. Good luck!

DodgeAU

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 06:30:05 pm »
My AN grew from 6mm to 15mm in 2.5 years. I had MRI 2 days ago to see if there is substantial growth again.
I'm going for a CK treatment if still growing. Unfortunately we are on the 30% of AN cases that do grow.
Sep 2023: AN shrunk by 3mm
Jun 2023: Hemifacial spasm disappeared
Oct 2022: MRI shows no growth, hemifacial spasms started
Mar 2022: GK treatment at Peter Mac Melbourne
Dec 2021: 18mm x 10mm
Oct 2019:  12x7 mm, Watch mode
Mar 2019: 7.5x5.5 mm, Watch mode
Aug 2018: Diagnosed 6x4x4 mm AN left

notaclone13

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 10:13:55 am »
Same here. Mine went from 7 mm to 17 mm in 3 years. Just finished 3 sessions of radio-surgery in Birmingham, Alabama.

Elena Melnikova

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 12:00:32 pm »
Adding information . After the MRI, which revealed the growth of the tumor, I had surgery. This happened on March 18 of this year. Already during the operation, it turned out that the tumor gave a hemorrhage of the type of micro-stroke . Therefore, the increase that we saw on the MRI was actually caused by a hemorrhage in the tumor itself. That is, it was not a true growth, but was caused by the fact that the tumor had increased due to a blood clot. That's how it happens ... Maybe this information will be useful to someone. Now I am two and a half months after the operation, I feel good, I am restoring my face, it has suffered

Greece Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 07:27:15 am »
Wow, I've never heard of that.  Amazing. I hope you are recovering well.
Vestibular Schwannoma 1.2 cm. Right side.
Middle fossa surgery at University of Iowa on May 9 2016.
Hearing saved.  Face is fine. Balance pretty darn good most days.
One year follow up MRI showed no tumor. 
Five year follow up showed no tumor, so I'm in the clear.