Author Topic: 1 year MRI update - after Gamma Knife Nov 2018 at UVA  (Read 3042 times)

kestes

1 year MRI update - after Gamma Knife Nov 2018 at UVA
« on: November 20, 2019, 10:00:35 am »
Hi just wanted to give a quick update, just had my one year mri.  Tumor is minimally larger.  At GK it was 17mm, at 6 months 19mm and at 1 year 19.1mm.  Showing some contrast differences not sure if that is necrosis or not.  Before GK I had fatigue, balance issues, some hearing loss and dizziness.  Since GK, I still have all the same issues, but a little more hearing loss and a little more dizziness.  Will have a hearing test in a few weeks to determine how my hearing is.  I am doing very well overall.  So far I am blessed to not have any headaches, facial issues or twitching.  I can still hike and bike ride and do all the things I used to do.  I am slower though and I do use hiking poles when involved in strenuous hikes.  I will have a followup in 6 months – so I will just be watching and living to the fullest extent until then. 
Best wishes to all of you in this journey we are on! 
12mm diagnosed Feb 2018
14mm at 6 mo MRI Aug 2018
tinnitus, high pitch hearing loss, balance issues
GK at UVA Dr Jason Sheehan Nov 2, 2018
MRI May 2019, slight swelling of AN but showing necrosis - experiencing vertigo issues
Columbia, South Carolina

bfoley

Re: 1 year MRI update - after Gamma Knife Nov 2018 at UVA
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 01:15:52 pm »
Kestes - Good to hear from you!  I hope your hearing test results are good.  I'm happy to hear your symptoms are manageable.  I was hoping your tumor would have shrunk by now - I am 7 months behind you on the journey, so I am anxious to hear how things go for you.  Wishing you every success!