Author Topic: When anger sneaks up on you!  (Read 7913 times)

Sharky

When anger sneaks up on you!
« on: September 14, 2019, 03:18:56 pm »
I thought I was doing pretty fine with my emotions about my diagnosis until...

Until I had to call in sick on Monday for something unrelated to my AN, and the assistant manager got snippy with me.

She will not make that mistake again. >:D
NF2 suspected--genetics assessment 08/2019
05/25/19 W&W until 11/26/19
05/20/19-AN found R ear via MRI--7mmx4mm

-fullness in R ear, minor balance issue, tinnitus, FATIGUE-

smartinesmir

Re: When anger sneaks up on you!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 04:03:47 pm »
Sometimes I also have issues controlling my anger but I really try to be better

gisselletdean

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 09:46:49 am »
I'm new to the forum and I just want to point out that I can relate to how anger can sneak up on you out of nowhere. It's frustrating when someone else's behavior triggers a reaction from you that you weren't expecting. Have you considered talking to a therapist about your emotions related to your diagnosis? They can help you work through any PTSD flashbacks or other triggers that may be causing you to react strongly in certain situations. And if that assistant manager ever tries to snip at you again, just give her the good ol' "not today, Satan" look and move on with your day. Hang in there!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 08:52:13 am by gisselletdean »

donjehle

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 03:13:50 pm »
Thank you, gisselletdean, for posting on the forums and becoming part of our community.  And thanks for your suggestions.  Anger is a natural human emotion, and it is very natural for those of us on the acoustic neuroma journey to become angry and upset over our diagnosis.  And it's easier for that anger to insert itself into other relationships unfairly as a result.  Sometimes we can take things out on those we are closest to because we are upset and angry over what is happening to us.  And yet, we do need to get a handle on our emotions.  And there certainly is no shame in seeking emotional help and therapy to deal with it.  Having a diagnosis like we have can trigger deep emotions.  And just as we seek medical care for our acoustic neuroma, we may want to consider emotional care for the great challenges we face psychologically.  It is certainly not an easy task to try to deal with by ourselves.

Best wishes!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.