Author Topic: Waiting for MRI results...(UK)  (Read 5832 times)

phunny

Waiting for MRI results...(UK)
« on: October 10, 2019, 01:47:12 pm »
I was referred from my GP to ENT for hearing tests that came back with mild hearing loss. I also had one sided tinnitus in the same ear as the hearing loss so I was ordered an MRI that I had just less than a week ago. I have recently however been suffering with tinnitus in my other ear and have been having earaches, ears feeling "full" and quite severe headaches. My balance has also taken a turn and I constantly find myself falling over, even when standing still! I am convinced I have an AN in my left ear but am now starting to worry it's bilateral! I was wondering if anyone else has any advice on waiting for my results as they said it could be up to 6 weeks! Its really worrying me and I don't know if I can wait that long!

Greece Lover

Re: Waiting for MRI results...(UK)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 09:11:54 am »
Waiting is not easy, but it's OK, because these tumors are never really an emergency. Once I was worried about a tumor, I became so hyper-sensitive to every little thing and my mind would assume the worst.  The MRI will tell all, and I would suggest to just do your best to relax and put it out of your mind until you know something definitive.  Tinnitus and hearing loss can happen for all sorts of reasons, so its no need to worry about the worst case scenario. But, I know this is easier said than done!

I wish you peace.
Vestibular Schwannoma 1.2 cm. Right side.
Middle fossa surgery at University of Iowa on May 9 2016.
Hearing saved.  Face is fine. Balance pretty darn good most days.
One year follow up MRI showed no tumor. 
Five year follow up showed no tumor, so I'm in the clear.