Author Topic: Ear Fullness  (Read 3130 times)

melindab

Ear Fullness
« on: September 09, 2019, 09:03:43 am »
I am having some ear fullness on my AN side.  It woke me up at one point last night and was painful.  Does anyone else experience this?  I've never had it this bad.  I have a 1.6 CM AN and am on watch and wait. 

golfguy49

Re: Ear Fullness
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 12:34:08 pm »
I was last at 1.2cm with my April MRI.  I also had a "fullness event" on August 5.  Just sitting in a chair watching TV and minding my own business - wham, my ear goes quiet, tinnitus gets loud, and I have throbbing/echo sensation in my ear.  Thought I suddenly lost the hearing forever.  Over the next few days, the hearing came back and I had some soreness in that ear (almost felt like an earache when I was a kid, which was rare but a distinctive feeling).  Soreness was gone after about a week.  I will have an MRI at the end of the month and determine if I had a sudden surge of growth.  I've already had mild balance impact since that August 5 event, which bothers me the most, and that's probably what will be the tipping for my making a surgery decision.  Best of luck to you, and I hope my experience helps you in some way.
March 2018: 10 x 5 x 5 mm AN diagnosed April 2018.  October 2018: 12 x 5 x 5 mm.  Considering surgery in early 2019.
October 2019: 14 x 5 x 5mm.  Surgery scheduled for late Jan 2020.
January 2020:  Surgery at NW Hospital in Chicago area done by Drs. Fishman and Brayton

melindab

Re: Ear Fullness
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 12:02:11 pm »
Thank you for your response!  Glad to know I'm not alone.  My last MRI was in February and my doctor said he didn't want to do another one for a year.  Which makes me.  I've only had my first MRI at diagnosis and the 2nd one 6 months later.  I'd like to see what's up since I've gotten the fullness and my balance has been getting semi worse too.