Author Topic: Another Cyber Knife Patient  (Read 7278 times)

Ken35051

Re: Another Cyber Knife Patient
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2020, 06:02:43 pm »
In re-reading my last post, I feel that I may have given the impression that I was not quite as pleased with my CK procedure at Stanford as I was to begin with. That is NOT the case at all. I think since things have gone so well for me over the past 12 months that I had gotten my hopes up a little too much and was disappointed when I discovered that the tumor had only shrunk a small amount.

I still have complete confidence in Dr. Chang and his team at Stanford and have no regrets for having visited them out there. One of Dr. Chang’s nurse practitioners called me this past week (Sept 16) to convey Dr. Chang’s comments on my most recent MRI. According to Dr. Chang, the size of my tumor is exactly where he expected it to be at this point and it is unlikely that it will ever get any smaller.

So, for those of you who would expect the tumor to shrivel up and disappear, you too may be disappointed. The good news is that it is not growing anymore or causing any discomfort.
Ken

bjhk

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2021, 09:08:10 am »
Ken,

Thank you for the good info.
Have you experienced any more side effects since your last post?

My journey will begin March 31

mwatto

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2021, 10:17:54 pm »
Hi bjhk good luck! I am two and a half years out from CK and no side effects - some shrinking. I occasionally still get earache but less now. My hearing seems fine as is my balance.
Michele
20 x19x14mm Cystic AN diagnosed Feb 2019. CK.
Mri 2019 shrinking: 18x17x13 mm.
Mri 2020 - no cysts visible stable.
MRI 2021 stable no change
MRI 2022 stable no change.
MRI 2023 Further reduction 12x12x10mm!! Hearing 85%
MRI 2024: No change AN or hearing