Author Topic: Visual disturbance - am I alone here?  (Read 122 times)

bfoley

Visual disturbance - am I alone here?
« on: June 11, 2019, 08:58:25 am »
So this is a question for all my fellow AN folk.

I do photography as a side hustle.  I have discovered that what is "horizontal" appears to be sloping ever so slightly to the left.  Maybe 1-3 degrees.  My AN is on the right side.  The Physical Therapist thought that it is related to the left side of my brain working super hard to compensate for the right balance nerves not working. (My balance is not good but improving more as I continue to push it).  Not going to stop me but its just odd.

Anyone notice similar issues?

tsaff88

Re: Visual disturbance - am I alone here?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 03:32:47 pm »
That's a very interesting observation.  I've sometimes noticed that physicals objects (buildings, etc.) appear to be off the perpendicular but never gave it much thought and passed it off as more faulty brain feedback, like hearing phantom sounds in my deaf ear.  To quote my ENT, "don't worry about it; it's all in your head anyway."   :)

bfoley

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 05:35:26 am »
Yay! At least one other fellow AN member has a similar issue!!  Thanks Tsaff88!

Tsaff88 and anyone else, did it ever get better? Or will I forever be adjusting my photos "in the post".

tsaff88

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 06:26:26 am »
For me, better can be defined as a combination of physical improvement and subconsciously adjusting to the new reality.  For example, my balance has improved  but keeping a focal point while walking also contributes to being able to walk an almost-but-not-quite straight line.  Over the years I've grown accustomed to the idea that things will never fully return to the pre-AN condition.