Author Topic: Post CK Facial Issues of Facial Nerve Neuroma  (Read 3921 times)

talha

Post CK Facial Issues of Facial Nerve Neuroma
« on: May 06, 2019, 07:10:36 am »
Hi,  I have been diagnosed with facial nerve neuroma on the Right side,  almost of 11x11x7mm this January. I was recommended for Cyber knife treatment by all my doctors.
On April 26 my 5 fractional CK treatment has been completed. I had problem will closing my right eye, I had facial twitching, bad taste on the tounge and dry eye on the effected side before treatment. During treatment I felt as symptoms are weakening up, and I can feel a lightness on my face but After a week of treatment I started feeling of facial issues again and in fact I felt them with severity. Now closing the eye was almost impossible, my taste buds are crazy nowadays, having a foul taste on the front of the tounge all the time.
Tinnitus had become worse than ever and also feeling heaviness.
My doctor has told me that things would be like this due to post treatment swellings.

What I am asking you people here is whether change in taste buds happens after treatment? I am also having gaps in my gums after treatment! I am having greasy buccal cavity after treatment.
Plz share your views

MT

• Hoping to recover from facial palsy...
Re: Post CK Facial Issues of Facial Nerve Neuroma
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 01:30:38 pm »
Hi Talha

Facial palsy (paralyzed part and inability to close eye, etc.) happens but that's temporary. Your tumor was small so I hope you will recover within few weeks, however, its attachment to facial nerve matter also. Did you ask your doctors question like:

* Expected time to recover and their opinion?
* Hacker-Brackman (HB) scale grading of your facial palsy
* Is any vitamin B complex supplementation necessary? (it helps recovery)
* Is do you need any steroids? (it is usually given to surgery options, not sure about CK (cyber-knife) options.
* Physio therapy recommendations by them? (Avoid electronic stimulation, etc).

In general, take rest and don't panic. You may go for facial massages and exercises as recommended by your docs. I am 7th months since my RS method surgery and still walk around with paralyzed face.

Good luck.
No symptoms except mild hearing loss
RS procedure on 26-Oct-18 (2.7 x 2.5 cm AN)
Deafness and facial palsy on right side
26-Feb-19 MRI showed 0.8 cm of leftover tumor
Slight movement on ~7-Jul-19 but mostly paralyzed

Full story:
https://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=24255.msg97977829

talha

Re: Post CK Facial Issues of Facial Nerve Neuroma
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 01:59:46 pm »
Thanks for the reply MT,

I will definitely ask these questions to my doctor. Yes doctor has prescribed me steroids. I am very hopeful that my palsy will be better insha Allah. I am trying to be relax but
 sometimes I do over think.

Thanks again.