Author Topic: What AN Feed on?  (Read 1439 times)

Javier80

What AN Feed on?
« on: May 02, 2019, 10:29:01 am »
Hello all, I have a question for you.
I was watching a documentary last night and as I was watching it a thought came to my mind when I heard the phrase “let food be thy medicine”.
Therefore, I wanted to ask any of you. What do AN’s feed on?
Is there a food or an herb that, if we consume it that food will starve it? I don’t know just a thought please reply… 

jrlf

• AN on left side. Retrosigmoid surgery Jan 2019.
Re: What AN Feed on?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 02:53:11 pm »
Hi, I was just in a group meeting for the anac.ca (Acoustic Neuroma association of Canada) and there was one gentleman that was diagnosed in 2010. Since then, he's in the wait and watch approach. The impressive part is that his AN shrank. The only thing he did, he says, is cutting sugar and dairy. He says he saw somewhere that it was the food for the tumor. I don't know if that is what really did the trick but it would be really nice.
AN on left side. Retrosigmoid surgery Jan 2019.
CSF leaf fixed with second surgery 18 days after the first one.
Paranoid about having CSF leak again. :)
Back to work in 4 months.

MarlaB

• Administrator
Re: What AN Feed on?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 03:14:33 pm »
Hi There!

I'm in Bellingham across the border from Vancouver where I attended an ANAC meeting in 2009. A small percentage of tumors have been known to shrink, no studies (that I am aware of) have focused on diet control. I have heard of one other person who changed her diet and her tumor is stable (I believe) but again, I would imagine lots of people have changed their diets after diagnosis. It would be an interesting study!

Marla B.