Author Topic: Possible AN  (Read 1887 times)

Janicemar77

Possible AN
« on: December 21, 2018, 08:15:00 pm »
Hi, My symptoms started 6 weeks ago with a muffled, stufffed, and pain in the ear. Long history of ear infection, sinus surgery etc. was treated for ear infection. Pain in the back of my head when bending over, straining, coughing etc. Saw an ENT. After passed hearing test etc. Gave me nose drops for enlarged adenoid which can affect hearing. Have a follow u in 3 weeks. Only symptoms is mild tinnitus which I didn’t have when I saw the ENT and the sharp pain to my head. Only one side. Could this be AN? I have been searching online and besides AN found that maybe it could  be a blocked nerve or occipital Neuralgia. Has anyone experienced pain in the back of the head?

MT

• Hoping to recover from facial palsy...
Re: Possible AN
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 03:43:53 am »
Your symptoms are very close to mine. See if you can afford a visit to a neurologist and MRI. Better preemptive than after a few years later with less treatment option.

Also before you visit neurologist, see if you have issues like balancing (standing on one leg at a time) or asymmetry in facial expressions which were not there before.

Good luck.
No symptoms except mild hearing loss
RS procedure on 26-Oct-18 (2.7 x 2.5 cm AN)
Deafness and facial palsy on right side
26-Feb-19 MRI showed 0.8 cm of leftover tumor
Slight movement on ~7-Jul-19 but mostly paralyzed

Full story:
https://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=24255.msg97977829