Author Topic: Intracanalicular ANs poll  (Read 10116 times)

DodgeAU

Re: Intracanalicular ANs poll
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2019, 07:05:04 pm »
My first MRI I had panic attack and was stopped. Then I found bigger or wider machines somewhere else where I managed to stay calm for 30minutes. I will have my first 6 month follow MRI next month just have to keep anxiety level to minimum.

For some reasons benzodiazepines, Ativan and the likes are banned in Australia therefore cannot get prescription from doctors.

My BPV seems gone now after 3 weeks looks like my body is self adjusting to the AN?
Sep 2023: AN shrunk by 3mm
Jun 2023: Hemifacial spasm disappeared
Oct 2022: MRI shows no growth, hemifacial spasms started
Mar 2022: GK treatment at Peter Mac Melbourne
Dec 2021: 18mm x 10mm
Oct 2019:  12x7 mm, Watch mode
Mar 2019: 7.5x5.5 mm, Watch mode
Aug 2018: Diagnosed 6x4x4 mm AN left

notaclone13

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2019, 11:09:59 am »
I was not aware that benzodiazepines are banned in Australia. I understand that they consider such drugs addictive and therefore would not want to give you a prescription for them. But I dont understand why they would not allow the MRI facility to provide you with a one time dose to help you with your anxiety during a stressful procedure. My elderly mother took Ativan for severe anxiety and it was a miracle drug for her. If one is prone to claustrophobia or panic attacks an MRI would definetely be a trigger. The technician who gave me the MRI that induced my panic told me afterward that he actually had one patient wiggle out of the machine. I refrained from telling him that if he actually bothered to speak to the patient during the process and put the person at ease, it might not have happened. I was told that they can see and hear the patient the entire time they are in the machine, yet when I called out to him he did not answer. I started to wonder if I had been forgotten about which led to my panic.

DodgeAU

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2019, 04:38:48 am »
Hello again,

I got the results of my first 6 month MRI after diagnosis.
Size has changed to 7.5mm x 5.5mm Original diagnosis was 6mm x 4mm. There is marginal increase as per the report.

The otolaryngologist has discussed all treatment options (surgery, radiation, observation).
With all the information, testimonies, of many patients I have read in this forum, I'm quite happy and comfortable to watch and wait as long as possible !!

I was told that majority of small AN in IAC does not need intervention but radiation is an option if AN grows bigger. But since size and location of my AN is far away from the brain stem I am not really worried at this stage. 

Since latest MRI was done on different machine, is this within margin of error of machine scanning accuracy? Is it possible that my AN did not grow at all? By looking on the both scans could not see any real change in size.

My next MRI in 6 month time but this time I will be going to same machine as last time for more accurate figures.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 04:46:32 am by DodgeAU »
Sep 2023: AN shrunk by 3mm
Jun 2023: Hemifacial spasm disappeared
Oct 2022: MRI shows no growth, hemifacial spasms started
Mar 2022: GK treatment at Peter Mac Melbourne
Dec 2021: 18mm x 10mm
Oct 2019:  12x7 mm, Watch mode
Mar 2019: 7.5x5.5 mm, Watch mode
Aug 2018: Diagnosed 6x4x4 mm AN left