Author Topic: Question for THose Survivors Still Suffering From Balance Issues  (Read 454 times)

paulinrio

I had my translab surgery in July 2013 and now, almost 5 years later, I still suffering ,daily ,from balance issues. I am investigating alternative approaches, as I am tired of the effects that this dizziness has on my quality of life. I am considering experimenting with KAMBO, a Brazilian  treatment , using  venom from a Amazonian frog. Has anyone tried this? If so, what were the results? Thank you and good health, Paul Wasserman

gunns

Re: Question for THose Survivors Still Suffering From Balance Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 12:43:33 am »
I don’t know man?  I googled “Kambo” and for me it’s non-starter. I don’t want to go down that path. But to each their own.  If you decide to go ahead with the Kambo I wish you luck.

Patti

Re: Question for THose Survivors Still Suffering From Balance Issues
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 04:14:11 am »
I'm not a doctor, but i'm pretty sure you have to actively re-train your brain and I believe we need to do it for life.  I had physical therapy for 6 months after a 2month re-hab stay. since then i have made exercise my priority.  balance is still an issue but i can't imagine where i'd be if i wasn't so physical. i started with walking, then yoga, then HIIT (high intensity interval training). i still appear drunk when i am tired.  so i guess there is never total healing for me.  i do have to say, i do not suffer from dizziness as you do.
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015