Author Topic: effects after gamma knife  (Read 1677 times)

kat303

effects after gamma knife
« on: March 16, 2018, 12:43:24 pm »
I had a treatment for a growth on the nerve of my inner ear. I'm a mess now. The halo broke apart while attaching it to the GK machine and ripped my forehead open. I have 5 stitches and the biggest blackest black eye you've ever seen, not to mention how swollen all around my eye is. Couple that to the fatigue I'm having and it's a bit depressing. Uncomfortable to sleep as it hurts when laying on the area where the pins were in the back of my head. There's these steri strip bandages over the stitches and over the other area on my forehead. The black eye and swelling is what's bothering me the most. No headache, no nausea. just feel like sleeping all day. Hope that fatigue goes away. It's been 2 days.

Patti

Re: effects after gamma knife
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 03:32:10 pm »
OMG!!!!!!!  What a horrible experience!!!!!!!!!  In what hospital was this tragedy? Rest and let yourself heal.  You sure deserve some peace!
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

notaclone13

Re: effects after gamma knife
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 04:32:29 pm »
Yes, could you please tell us the name of the treatment center, or at the very least the state it is located in so we can avoid it?  I am so sorry you have had a bad experience getting treatment.