Author Topic: Anyone have suggestions on hearing aids  (Read 3032 times)

joyoreilly

Anyone have suggestions on hearing aids
« on: January 16, 2018, 03:50:37 pm »
I had my surgery for my 1.7 tumor 9 weeks ago.  I have a meeting with my audiologist next week and wondering what people have tried for hearing aid, what works, what doesn't and what new product are out there.  Trying to get myself ready so I can test some.  I have right ear single sided deafness and am looking for hearing aid that will help transport some sound from good ear to bad ear.

Also wondering anyone that has this does it help you much?
Thanks

Echo

Re: Anyone have suggestions on hearing aids
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:58:39 pm »
Joyoreilly,

Look into the Phonak BiCross.    I've been wearing these for the past 4 years and love them!!
While I am not totally deaf in my AN ear, I have very poor hearing.  Word discrimination bounces around from 0 to 30% and any sound I hear is better than none, but obviously not great.  The BiCross have been a life saver for me at work and outside the home. I no longer struggle in meetings or in general to hear and participate in conversations.  Noise in restaurants can still be problematic, but I think that's the case for all hearing aids.

Cathie
Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital

Kjayhill

• AN Warrior since March 28, 2017
Re: Anyone have suggestions on hearing aids
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 10:27:16 am »
I had surgery 11 months ago and when I became SSD, I was really struggling with it.  I went and test drove the Cross, Cochlear BAHA and the Oticon BAHA.  I fell in love with the Oticon and ended up having the abutment surgery 5 months after the AN Surgery. It was a breeze due to the MIPS (Minimally invasive technique).  I had no issues and was in and out in a few hours.   Three months later, I received the BAHA and i have been in heaven from that point forward.  I had so many issues with trying to work as an IT support user and socializing in general  It has been great to get at least part of my life back as I am not perfect hearing on that side but it is way better than the deafness for me.
Kathy
Kind Regards,
Kathy

AN Warrior since March 28, 2017
(Middle Fossa)
PONTO BAHA since November, 2017