Author Topic: Dr. Marc Schwartz, formerly of House Clinic  (Read 332 times)

areles

Dr. Marc Schwartz, formerly of House Clinic
« on: November 25, 2017, 12:26:12 pm »
hi - i'm sorry if there's already a thread opened up on this somewhere; i tried to search before posting but didn't see anything.

just received a letter yesterday announcing that dr. schwartz - who removed my son's AN in february 2016 - has left house and is now practicing at the university of san diego.  i'm sure all of his former patients either have or will receive this letter, but i wanted to mention it since i know his name is synonymous  here with the house clinic, so when referring to him, please note that he's no longer there.  :(
22 y/o son:

2.8cm dx 12/31/15
translab (10 hours) at house clinic 2/23/16 - dr schwartz, dr miller
surgical repair of csf leak 2/27/16 - dr miller, dr chen
as of 2/28/16, still in hospital, with tentative release scheduled for 3/1/16
{indeed sprung 10:15a 3/1/16}

tonyc

Re: Dr. Marc Schwartz, formerly of House Clinic
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 04:51:47 pm »
I also got a notification that Dr. Rick Friedman left Keck USC. Looks like Dr. Marc Schwartz and Dr. Rick Friedman team together to form an AN center in  UC San Diego now.
08/18/2010, first vertigo episode and tinnitus, 9mm AN found in left ear. Wait and Watch.
1/20/2016,  AN increased to 13mm.
3/21/2016, Middle Fossa at House with Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz/Stefan. Entire tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing preserved, gradually regain balance through daily walks.

michellef08

Re: Dr. Marc Schwartz, formerly of House Clinic
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 08:39:34 am »
Yea, here is the press release from UC San Diego:
https://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/Pages/2017-11-15-15-renowned-surgeons-launch-acoustic-neuroma-program-at-uc-san-diego-health.aspx

Dr. Marc Schwartz and Dr. Rick Friedman have both moved to UC San Diego at the end of 2017. They did my surgery together at House back in 2013, and I called them the dream team!! They did the Middle Fossa approach and preserved my hearing, and I didn't have a single balance or facial issue!
Diagnosed Dec 2012: AN right side 1.4 cm with mild hearing loss and tinnitus. Surgery: Middle Fossa at House with Schwartz/Friedman on April 10, 2013. Entire tumor removed, no facial issues, no balance issues, and they preserved my hearing!!

anything