Author Topic: Vest. Schwan. 5 cm., series of mini strokes, 17 yrs later.  (Read 1878 times)

pbjoneal172

Vest. Schwan. 5 cm., series of mini strokes, 17 yrs later.
« on: November 16, 2017, 12:01:59 am »
Vestibular schwanomma, 5 centimeters, 13 hr surgery, mini strokes,ischemic?? r. Side loss Of use for 3-4 months,

I am reading some of these responses regarding what I had, but I have not seen any (yet) that had the response I did.  Initially it was drastic, when I woke up from surgery i was looking at the ceiling and immediately fekt as if I was falling of the table. One eye had shifted so that I saw double, and it took me 3-4 months, special glasses with a slit in thrm to retrain my eye and lots of help to get me able to walk again.  I am thinking that may pbe it was the mini strokes and not the tumor removal that may have caused the residual effects.  Obvious schwanomma things, no hearing, balance, facial droop, and oddly a gap between hearing, i.e. someone say stop and me hearing it and transferring the message to my body and it doing it.  Words come out backwards on bad days still and I use a rollster to walk now. My initial surgery was in 2001, both of them, at 40 yrs. old.  I am now 60.
(I also have some form of distal neuropathy, either from diabetes, long since controlled or hereditary Charcot-Marie-Tooth, (CMT).  My question is? What forum or group adresses these tpes of things?