Author Topic: Philadelphia suburbs - new to the list  (Read 2908 times)

judyl

Philadelphia suburbs - new to the list
« on: November 15, 2017, 06:10:39 pm »
Hi,
I had a recent MRI with contrast ordered by my internist, after a few recent episodes of positional vertigo and loss of balance. The report reads "enhancing mass in the left internal auditory canal measuring 1.4 cm by .5 cm by .4 cm, most likely representing acoustic schwannoma."  I have not had any vertigo episodes in over a week, but sometimes I feel a little off balance, and I know I have some hearing loss.  I was diagnosed with benign positional vertigo 9 years ago and had the Epley maneuver with very few occurrences afterward until last month.

My doctor recommended seeing an ENT with expertise in this area. Names I have received so far are Dr. Douglas Bigelow at Penn and Dr. Thomas Willcox at Jefferson. Is anyone familiar with these docs or others?

Judy
11/2/17 MRI w/o contrast for positional vertigo-1.3 cm mass in left IAC
11/8/17 MRI with contrast - AN 1.4 cm x .5 cm x .4 cm
5/23/18 MRI w/o contrast 1.4 cm x 0.6 cm x 0.5 cm.
11/2018 and 11/2019 MRIs stable
6/2021 and 8/2021 MRI AN 1.2 cm x .5 x .5 and new pituitary microadenoma

v357139

Re: Philadelphia suburbs - new to the list
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 08:30:25 pm »
Hi Judy.  Those two names have been around a long time so they have lots of experience.  Bigelow used to be at Jefferson.  There is also a search function in the upper right corner.  Type in the doctor name and you will get all the posts people have made on that doctor.  Its a good way to get additional info them.  Let me know if you have any problem using it.
Rich
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!