Author Topic: alcohol after surgery  (Read 2078 times)

errnkk

alcohol after surgery
« on: November 07, 2017, 05:08:25 pm »
Hi everyone. How long after surgery did you wait to have a glass of wine or any other alcoholic drink? I love wine. It has been a month after my surgery and I am steadily recovering. But I am afraid to have a glass of wine thinking it is going to mess up my head.

Sailfish

Re: alcohol after surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 11:09:10 am »
My friends call me a wine snob.  That could be true so I’m going to be following this also. Its been just three weeks since my surgery and I’m also thinking about a glass of wine.  Considering I’m not on pain medications or anything for that matter it should be ok.  Right? 
6/23/17  3.2cm  Facial numbness and tingling  Tinnitus 2012 
Surgery with Drs. Cunningham and Zomorodi at Duke - upcoming

kgs123

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 10:07:59 am »
I was given the ok to resume caffeine (morning coffee - one cup) after a week. They had no hesitation and sort of laughed at me for asking. I think as long as you aren't facing interaction of the pain meds vs alcohol you should be ok. Probably best to ask the advice nurse instead of here, though :)

Zan

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 02:39:20 pm »
You had to wait a week for coffee?!?  Wow. I had them bring me a cup in ICU. No joke. I was afraid of getting a migraine, which happens to me when I stop caffeine.
Re: wine. I waited about 4 weeks. As long as you are no longer in pain meds, you should be fine.