Author Topic: Neurosurgeon at NYU Langone  (Read 4100 times)

Carolgre

Neurosurgeon at NYU Langone
« on: September 19, 2017, 10:33:04 am »
Has anyone had gamma knife done by Dr. John Golfinos at NYU's Langone Center. He recently told that me that my CPA tumor was not a candidate for surgery but did say it was time to take care of it with gamma knife. What was your experience with him?

millie

Re: Neurosurgeon at NYU Langone
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 06:40:01 pm »
Hi there...For my acoustic neuroma, ..I had trans-lab at NYU five years ago with Doctors Golfinos and Roland.  In my opinion, they are excellent excellent doctors.  Each person's surgery and recovery is unique, but I researched carefully and I believe I chose wisely.  I am about 70 miles east of NYC. Following surgery my hearing loss on the left side became complete and I had facial paresis which is much resolved today...not really noticeable unless you really know my expressions...I was surprised though by how hard it was to walk after surgery.  I was out of NYU on the fifth day. However,  tonight I  stood on a stool as I hung Christmas lights outdoors (not smart) and have no problem hiking. I feel blessed.
Whomever you chose, whichever procedure, best wishes on your journey...it will take time...but today I had my 5 year checkup  with Dr. Golfinosand  and no sign of tumor. We were BOTH so happy!  He congratulated me on my progress and he'll see me in three years and if the MRI is the same, I'll be considered cured!

I think doctor Roland and Golfinos are the best. 
Have faith and be strong. It is not an easy journey but you can do it.

Mil O'B

shellydp

Re: Neurosurgeon at NYU Langone
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 01:01:15 pm »
Can you offer some details on the size of your AN?