Author Topic: Opticon + iPhone  (Read 3604 times)

gunns

Opticon + iPhone
« on: August 18, 2017, 08:10:12 am »
Just had retrosig and I'm now SSD.  I'm now looking for a hearing aid. Is anyone using the opticon with their iPhone. I've heard it can also hook up to the internet.

Any help is appreciated!

alabamajane

Re: Opticon + iPhone
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 01:35:41 pm »
Hi,
I have the Cochlear BAHA and it syncs with the iPhone. I'm not sure if the Oticon does though   

The iPhone also has an app that allows you to control the processor ,, volume, program, troubleshooting,, and find a lost processor. I've really enjoyed the upgrade from the BAHA 4 that I had previously. This processor is so much clearer and better,  I have the 5 power unit. It's wonderful!!

Good luck with your decision,,,,

Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

gunns

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 01:57:04 pm »
Hi,
I have the Cochlear BAHA and it syncs with the iPhone. I'm not sure if the Oticon does though   

The iPhone also has an app that allows you to control the processor ,, volume, program, troubleshooting,, and find a lost processor. I've really enjoyed the upgrade from the BAHA 4 that I had previously. This processor is so much clearer and better,  I have the 5 power unit. It's wonderful!!

Good luck with your decision,,,,

Thanks Jane!  I'm just too active for the BAHA.  It would frequently get knocked off and I wear helmets as well.  I went through two iPhone screens in two weeks.  What I really need are ITE types.  It doesn't sound like anyone makes ITE aids that are phone controlled.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  I just heard that Phonak now has a iPhone direct hearing aid "Audeo B-Direct". It also can be used with android phones and older phones.  It's apparently a direct hook up to your iPhone or android and TV.  To answer your phone you just push a button on the hearing aid.  It'll also let you know when someone is ringing your door bell.

alabamajane

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 04:42:06 pm »
My bad,,, I read that as OTICON and thought you were asking about the Oticon Medical BAHA,,,

Oops   ::) ,,, good luck!!
Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

gunns

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 05:47:39 pm »
NO... Jane that was my mistake!  I can't type. LOL  It was supposed to be Oticon but the OPN model.  All these makes and models are confusing.  Phonak apparently now has a BTE  model called the Audeo B-Direct that works directly with iPhone, androids and older phones.  more decisions...........!