Author Topic: Time for us to cheer up...... lord knows we need it!  (Read 9208 times)

Palace

• Palace
Re: Time for us to cheer up...... lord knows we need it!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 07:35:14 am »
This seems to be a *deep* thread of "thanks," and I'm an Agnostic.  Love us each the way we are at the moment.  Through this journey of life as a little girl I attended a Catholic church and a Lutheran church.  (father C. and mother L.)  We change and we grow.  Right now I'm a growing AN.  In two weeks from today I will be home for the first day and not have to go back to Stanford.  I will begin the necrosis.  We all come from different places around the world with different beliefs but, those beliefs can change and grow.  (and other beliefs can die as the tumor dies)  I'm giving THANKS that I'm in the era time where technology in the medical field of science, has given me and others a choice to live.  Thank you for letting me be honest on this tread and always feeling welcome.  *(even if I don't know pirate talk; my mind is spared and I can learn anything as, Cyberknife will give me more time)  I hope all that isn't too "heavy" for you.

Bless you all,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 04:57:13 pm »
Cheer week...

Well, I'm now educated who the Merry Pranksters were.  Perhaps people might be able to "drop-out" with this book which was recommeneded to me on this forum.  Could this be our AN logo book?  (when in need to "drop-out" and away from it all)  The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe.  I have read well over one hundred pages now.  I will still be reading it after my CK.  I only have a week before Stanford so, I'm getting other things in order, plus Thanksgiving week now and not much time for reading.  It is amazing those people lived through all they did, or didn't do.......for that matter.  (or did they?)  I will find out soon.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL,

Pal
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 07:13:56 am »
WORKIN' IT!   8)

Whatcha all doin' on TG?

We are meeting friends at a restaurant with the table in front of the fire.  Can I have a glass of red wine so close to CK?  (BIG GLASS?)  I don't see why not. 

This gal claims she "is" my guardian angel so, I'm safe on Thanksgiving.

Giving thanks for my AN angel friends I know here in town and the ones on the forum, 

Palace
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 09:10:20 am »
CHEER UP

Again, I forgot to ask Stanford if I can have a BIG GLASS or TWO little glasses of red wine on TG day.  Does anyone know?  (four days before the Ct. scan and six days prior to the FSR. (CK)

8)

Hoping to Cheer-up,

Palace
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 09:12:56 am »
Cheryl,

Have you any thoughts on that wine?  What does that dog get for TG supper?  Liver is on the schedule for my dogs for X-mas.  (hate that smell and dislike liver, myself; lol)  I will do it for them.

Hugs from your neighbor........

Palace
single sided deafness

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 10:09:58 am »
This is what mom is sayin...

I can't help you fix yourself
But at least I can say I tried
I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life
I can't help you fix yourself
But at least I can say I tried
I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life!

and this is what i'm sayin

I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
And our scars remind us that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel
Taylor
Translab/4.8 cm AN on right side removed 2/3/06
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Cross-facial nerve graft with muscle transplant
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 08:49:31 pm »
Taylor,

It's difficul;t from afar but all I can say is that you need to hang in there. I get so depressed at the state of my health these days that it seems so easy to just take the "easy way out" but i don't. I know that things will improve. I know that I have a great support network  on this forum. I know that my family support me to their best ability. Since discovering I had an AN, I always put N/A down for Doctor's name. I never went to the quack. Since then, I could write a book about all the doctors I have been to. Now that doesn't matter so much. The bit that matters is that I know that I now have many physical limitations and I have to deal with them. I can't live in the past, I have to get on with what I can do rather than moan about what I can't do anymore.

It's pretty hard though. I am the main breadwinner in my family and if I "gave up", we would have to sell our home and do without a lot of what life has to offer. SO I DON'T GIVE UP. I move on and am continually trying to improve / change my lifestyle.

I suggest that you may want to try the forward approach and don't put any barriers in the way.

I'm sure your mom is right behind you but it won't be easy for her. My family are fully aware of my issues and for example, slamming a door rings right through me - does that sstop them from doing it on occaisions - absolutely not - they forget or don't realise what the actual effect is. I just quietly say, please don't slam the door. I could go ballistic but it wouldn't do any good. Unless you experience this thing and its effects, its very hard to understand the feeling. I understand that others cannot fully appreciate what we go through.

Try, try and be positive - you will get better, you will enjoy life again but you must think positive.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Windsong

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 11:02:23 pm »
Taylor,

Your poem is powerful.

I felt/saw  so many images.

Thanks so very much.

Windsong

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2006, 09:13:57 am »
taylor,

that was gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing the poem with us!  Laz is right... I am a firm believer of mind over body.  Keep those mental spirits up, even on thos "not-so-good days" and your mind will rule the body! :)

Hang in there... and Thanksgiving is full of thanks for all of us today!  May all of our day today be filled with love, reflection, understanding, hope and joy!

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

marystro

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 10:34:52 pm »
Hello my ANA forum family,

I just returned from a great Thanksgiving dinner.  The whole day I have been thinking of you on this forum, the CK board and the Stanford Team.  Without you (Mark, Phyl, Capt Deb, Sue, Matti, shoegirl, Bev and many, many others) I will not be where I am today --- doing great only 4 months post CK.  I am truly, truly grateful to all of you.  Wish you are having a wonderful and peaceful Thanksgiving Day with your loved ones!  (Kind of a belated celebration since I am on the West Coast).   ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 10:38:59 pm by marystro »
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

LBM

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 05:03:27 pm »
Thank you for the uplifting note. I struggle as a 31 year old woman who is one and a half years post-op. My life has changed dramatically. I get very sad and angry at times. The only thing that keeps me positive is the fact that I have seen worse. As a physician I see worse everyday. In August 2003, about a year and a half before my diagnosis my best friend's husband was dying from a malignant brain tumor. I didn't even know I had my tumor. I watched him suffer so and struggled with mortality. I always think of Joe. His wife and son are doing great. I think to myself that if G-d wanted me to die he could have given me a maligant brain tumor instead of the benign one I had. not to downplay any of my missery and pain but he is now my angel. He always was. I had admidered his courage and strength throughout his ordeal but now I live every day for me with him in my heart and his son on my sleeve.
G-d bless

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 05:28:23 pm »
What can I say? Inspiring stuff everybody!!

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.