Author Topic: Alcohol issues  (Read 1219 times)

Zan

Alcohol issues
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:59:47 pm »
I have never been a big drinker, but I do like to have a glass of wine or a cocktail with dinner a couple of times a month. Occasionally, I will have a second drink. A little over a year ago, about the same time that my other AN symptoms started, I began to notice that if I had that second drink, I would get the spins.
Has anyone else expected this?

PaulW

Re: Alcohol issues
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 01:30:25 am »
Yep....
Thankfully my balance issues are pretty good these days....
A few years back I went to a bar, had 2 drinks, and had trouble sitting on the bar stool..
They thought I was so drunk they refused to serve me!
10x5x5mm AN
Sudden Partial hearing loss 5/28/10
Diagnosed 7/4/10
CK 7/27/10
2/21/11 Swelling 13x6x7mm
10/16/11 Hearing returned, balance improved. Feel totally back to normal most days
3/1/12 Sudden Hearing loss, steroids, hearing back.
9/16/13 Life is just like before my AN. ALL Good!

Zan

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 01:51:49 pm »
Good to know. It's hard sometimes, to know what symptoms are from AN and what is from getting old. Lol

ChristineB1111

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 08:39:07 pm »
My symptoms began in November 2016 but like many I've probably had it much longer.  I am pretty light to begin with, always been thin, so it's never taken much to get a buzz. I was only diagnosed last week, after losing hearing in my left ear partially in November. For about the last year I have noticed I don't even need to finish one glass of wine to notice its effects. Not necessarily the spins, but definitely walk like a drunk person very quickly. Sucks because I love to have a glass of wine when I'm making dinner, it's something I look forward to after a long day. But it's become a maintenance matter now so I just don't drink as much. One of the first things I thought of when diagnosed was oh so THATS why wine does that to me now.

Muffin

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 11:31:34 am »
I am in this camp, too.  I never was a big drinker, thin, and was happy it didn’t take much for a buzz, but now I can get that on a half a glass of anything.  Also walk all over the place.  I tell my husband I am a cheap date. :) :) :)
6/10/17: Sudden Hearing Loss
9/20/17:  MRI Shows VS in R IAC Measuring 6x5x3 mm
10/18/17:  On Watch and Wait Status

Zan

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 09:04:54 pm »
I am now a little over 7 weeks post surgery and the good news is that so far things seem better with drinking. I had two glasses of wine the other night and did not feel all drunk or spinny.

daoisthere

• Composer and Guitarist
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 05:34:37 pm »
Hi Everyone,

This is Daoisthere (Gino),   I have a complex co-morbidity post cancer (27 years ago). I take up to 3mg of Xanax a day for treatment of pulmonary fibrosis, cardio fibrosis, spinal stenosis and apparently now an acoustic neuroma...    And plus I might drink a few shots of Vodka... 

I also lift weight, run 4 miles a day, do a set of yoga + tai chi and meditate.   

Point is...  You are now a member of a group of people that have a very unique situation existing.  Be at peace. It will help you accept your current existence. Drink, pray, meditate, seek council... find peace.   Just don't drive when you implode.  I care and support you very much:  and think about you daily.   I only hope to be a hero member someday.   

By the way... The noise and Tinnitus SUCKS...

Peace and much prayers plus love,
Gino
03/07/2013 MRI for concussion, No Contrast
06/20/2017 10db Sudden Hearing Loss / Right Ear
08/21/2017 MRI reveals AN
10.8 x 3.6 x 4.2 mm Completely fills Right Canal
10/09/2017 Watch and Wait